[soc.roots] CALL FOR DISCUSSION: soc.culture.french

jp@frog.UUCP (John Pimentel) (02/23/90)

In article <251@verdix.verdix.com> bob@verdix.com (Bob Boulanger) writes:

>                   Formal call for discussion
>                   ==========================
> This is the 1st call for discussion for the creation of a French
> soc.culture newsgroup.
>
> The discussion period will last for 2 weeks from today.
> Comments and discussions are welcome provided they are also posted to
> news.groups newsgroup.

Hold it!  Before you progress any further,  I was under the impression that
ALL formal "<anythings>" had to be announced in the "news.groups" newsgroup
and that your announcement here in this group alone means sqat.

My confusion, for anyone interested, stems from the line stating where this
article is being sent.

I  don't mind  "comments and discussions are welcome provided they are also
posted to news.groups",  but feel that this announcement as well belongs in
that group not just the aftereffects.

I cross-posted this, but it doesn't count as an announcement.  Oops. ;-)

Later.