[soc.net-people] Rhonda, Professional Adult

gsmith@BOSCO.BERKELEY.EDU.UUCP (01/01/70)

In article <1555@chinet.UUCP> rhonda@chinet.UUCP (Rhonda Scribner) writes:
>In article <8709130218.AA19016@ragu> ragu!gsmith (Gene Ward Smith) writes:

>>In any event, my
>>complaint was not over who started the name-calling, but who
>>started the letter-writing. As far as I can judge, you think it
>>is Maroney's "free speech right" to write fabrications about me
>>to the Mathematics department, but not Matthew Wiener's "free
>>speech right" to annoy Maroney by posting to the net.

>If they're fabrications, then it's not his right.

 Thank you.

>So far, no one has seen
>hide nor hair of these letters, at least no one on the net, so we cannot
>judge whether they were fabrications or not.

  As I understand it, it is a violation of netiquette to publish
e-mail to the net without permission. Of course, since I am
supposedly a sort of cross between Godzilla and Don Rickles, this
shouldn't matter to me.

>It seems to me if they were
>fabrciations your system administrators would have thought Maroney was
>just a crackpot and dismissed him.

  To a certain extent, this is what they did. You don't
understand the situation here and I am not inclined to explain it
to you; your speculations are both spiteful and wrong.

ucbvax!brahms!gsmith   Gene Ward Smith/Brahmsgangster/Berkeley CA 94720
          "There are no differences but differences of degree
            between degrees of difference and no difference"