[soc.motss] re Gay style

kgdykes@watbun.UUCP (09/19/86)

>From: ped@mtuxo.UUCP (p.davidson)
>
>        Whenever I have read the personal ads in the gay
>papers, everyone seems to want someone into movies, theater
>and diners. Don't any gays beside myself like, hunting, fishing
>camping, motorcross racing, the woods and hiking.

Although I havent gotten into motocross, I am into street bikes/street racing
have unfashionably long hair and long beard.
Movies?? well, maybe a good B horror flick now and then... :}
Diner???? i pig out at every opportunity
Hunting?? cant say i've tried it - never thought about it either
Fishing/camping?? well when the only vehicle you own is a bright red
   plastic Yamaha street racer that cant even carry a passenger helmet -- one
   doesnt tend to travel anywhere needing cargo (no, i WILL NOT use a trailer
   on a bike, gag!)
   If i get the pickup truck i'm looking at maybe i will start being a
   little more adventurous. -- not to say i HAVENT gone camping with my bike.
Theatre?? does being a once-in-a-while roadie for hard-rock groups count??

The above isnt intended to be an Ad in itself -- just to point out there
is at least one other Gay in North America who maybe a little "common"
in his interests...
Seriously, here in South-Central Ontario there are 2 or 3 organizations
like "GOOD - Gays Out Of Doors" who get into hiking, camping, orienteering
 and whatever -- there must be some groups like this elsewhere, Ontario
 couldnt possibly pioneer novel social concepts! :-)

          - Ken Dykes
            Software Development Group, U. of Waterloo
            Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.  N2L 3G1  (+1 519) 885 1211
            uucp:    {ihnp4,decvax,allegra,utzoo}!watmath!watbun!kgdykes
            bitnet:  kgdykes@water