[soc.motss] Where are we

ped@mtuxo.UUCP (p.davidson) (10/03/86)

	Net.motss was going crazy with news. Now all of a sudden
we are getting nothing (for the past week), Did someone take it
off.

rob@ptsfb.UUCP (Rob Bernardo) (10/04/86)

In article <2037@mtuxo.UUCP> ped@mtuxo.UUCP (p.davidson) writes:
>	Net.motss was going crazy with news. Now all of a sudden
>we are getting nothing (for the past week), Did someone take it
>off.

Between September 26 and today, October 4, we have had only 6
soc.motss articles, excluding ones cross-posted to other groups.
This is something like 1/4 to 1/8 the typical amount. At first
I suspected that it had to do with the conversion from net.motss
to soc.motss, but on the other hand soc.singles was still busy like
it always is. Now, soc.singles has gotten very slow, too. Anybody
know what's gone wrong?
--
Rob Bernardo, San Ramon, CA        "Whenever I get the urge to work,
(415) 823-2417                      I log in and read the netnews

bryant@endor.harvard.edu (jim bryant) (10/06/86)

In article <854@ptsfb.UUCP> rob@ptsfb.UUCP (Rob Bernardo) writes:
>Between September 26 and today, October 4, we have had only 6
>soc.motss articles, excluding ones cross-posted to other groups.
>This is something like 1/4 to 1/8 the typical amount. At first
>I suspected that it had to do with the conversion from net.motss
>to soc.motss, but on the other hand soc.singles was still busy like
>it always is. Now, soc.singles has gotten very slow, too. Anybody
>know what's gone wrong?

for one thing, classed have started again :-(
(seriously, it must make a difference).

harvard university/graduate school of arts & sciences/jim bryant -k6
.....ihnp4!harvard!bryant     (aka ..ihnp4!drutx!jimb)