[soc.motss] test

cgeiger@ut-ngp.UUCP (cheers) (09/27/86)

Did you really read this?

his@faron.UUCP (Howard Irwin Solomon) (10/07/86)

Please excuse this message.  I have not received any postings for over two
weeks now, and I wanted to see if there was a problem.

Howard

brian@apollo.uucp (Brian Holt) (10/11/86)

In article <659@faron.UUCP> his@faron.UUCP (Howard Irwin Solomon) writes:
>Please excuse this message.  I have not received any postings for over two
>weeks now, and I wanted to see if there was a problem.

Well, you know all of the test messages seem to be getting through
just fine.  I have a feeling what we have here is a case of nobody
wanting to break the ice.  I mean, how many of you are just
sitting there without posting anything, and waiting for discussion
to start up again?
(Of course, it may turn out to be a plug in the network, and won't
I look silly then.. :-)

So, I might as well through in my two bits:

I run a bi/gay/lesbian bulletin board in Massachusetts called Faerie.
Recently, there has been a somewhat tounge-in-cheek discussion of
coming up with a good nickname for those friends of ours who prefer
MOTOS exclusively.  It all started when someone started using the
term "breeders", and people complained either that we shouldn't
stoop to the level of those who call us by perjorative names, or
that breeding isn't really their worst offense, if an offense at all
(this coming from those who were all for a little name-calling).

The obvious suggestion--straight--was voted down on the grounds
that it would imply that we were therefore bent, hardly a desirable
image.

Essentially, the conclusion was that those-who-sleep-with-and-are-
attracted-to-only-those-of-the-opposite-sex have been giving us
names since the dawn of time, (take a look in Roget's) and we
have nothing to offer in return.

How about it?  Seeing as the net.motss crowd has recently acquired
a new name itself, soc.motss, does anybody have any good suggestions
for what we can call the motos lovers?

"If you can't say something nice, say something surreal"  - Zippy's latest

UUCP:   ...{mit-erl,mit-eddie,yale,uw-beaver,decvax!wanginst}!apollo!brian
BIX, Delphi: brian     GENIE: b.holt      and assorted other identities...

Brian R. Holt    Apollo Computer    Chelmsford MA.    (617) 256-6600 x7610