[net.sf-lovers] Infinity concerto, F&SF

chuqui@nsc.UUCP (Chuq Von Rospach) (03/18/85)

Glenn Skinner recently tossed out a commendation for Greg Bear's `Infinity
Concerto`. Here is a hearty second to that motion. Infinity concerto is
simply the best book I've read in the last year. I also highly recommend
`The wind from a burning woman', a book of his shorts. As a matter of fact,
I haven't read a single piece of his work that I haven't like, which is a
rare thing (second place has to go to Spider Robinson, who qualifies with
minor quibbles....).

On another subject, did anyone else notice the number of typo's in the
April issue of F&SF? I've noticed about four to date-- the proofreader
seems to have slept through his work this issue (one of them is in the
TOC-- a dereferenced pointer). Hopefully this is an abberation and not a
trend....

For those that don't read F&SF, I suggest heartily you track down that
issue. There is an author in there, Gael Baudino, that is new to me. Her
story, `The shadow of the starlight' is quite stunning, and I hope it gets
remembered during award time-- if this isn't a oneshot, I hope to see her
name on one of the lists, real soon. Consider this a strong suggestion to
track this down-- this one story paid for my subscription this year...

chuq
--
Chuq Von Rospach, National Semiconductor
{cbosgd,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!chuqui   nsc!chuqui@decwrl.ARPA

Be seeing you!

ndd@duke.UUCP (Ned Danieley) (03/18/85)

In article <2480@nsc.UUCP> chuqui@nsc.UUCP (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:

>For those that don't read F&SF, I suggest heartily you track down that
>issue. There is an author in there, Gael Baudino, that is new to me. Her
>story, `The shadow of the starlight' is quite stunning, and I hope it gets
>remembered during award time-- if this isn't a oneshot, I hope to see her
>name on one of the lists, real soon. Consider this a strong suggestion to
>track this down-- this one story paid for my subscription this year...

Amen! Highly recommended! [Insert more complimentary phrases.]
Don't miss it!

Ned Danieley
duke!ndd