[soc.culture.misc] Formal Call for Discussion: Formation of soc.culture.iranian

sp0618@cec1.wustl.edu (Saeed Pirooz) (02/14/90)

I strongly support the formation of this group. There are plenty of
topics that could be discussed, cultural, political, and philosophical.

Saeed Pirooz

farhad@Tehran.Stanford.EDU (Farhad Shakeri) (02/14/90)

Yes, why not, one more time.
I support the formation of soc.culture.iranian.

      /   Farhad Shakeri       E-Mail:                     /
     /  Stanford University    farhad@Tehran.Stanford.EDU /
    / Computer Science Dept.                             /

troly@redwood.math.ucla.edu (Bret Jolly) (02/22/90)

   The charter to this proposed group should direct purely political
discussions to talk.politics.mideast.  This is what currently limits
the flamage in soc.culture.arabic.

                 ?           "In your heart, you know it's flat."
Bret Jolly (Bo'-ret Tro Ly)   Mathemagus          LA Platygaean Society
             .

monnie@rruxh.UUCP (Nariman Shambayati) (02/23/90)

troly@redwood.math.ucla.edu (Bret Jolly) writes:
>The charter to this proposed group should direct purely political
>discussions to talk.politics.mideast.  This is what currently limits
>the flamage in soc.culture.arabic.

I disagree.  The volume in talk.politics.mideast is too much to handle.
Besides, many aspects of Iranian politics is not related directly to
the middle east.  I strongly feel that soc.culture.iranian should include
politics of Iran in its charter.  Politics is as much a part of our life
and culture as the other facets suggested in the call for vote from Mr. Hematt.
--

	        ....bellcore!rruxh!monnie or
        	rruxh!monnie@thumper.bellcore.com