[soc.culture.jewish] American Jews

kaufman@nike.uucp (Bill Kaufman) (09/22/86)

In article <2010001@nucsrl.UUCP> kumars@nucsrl.UUCP (kumar) writes:
>As a result, there are always two distinct groups of people: the
>ones that follow the rules (read JMP's - Jewish Mexican Princess/Princesses) and
>the ones that don't. In general, the first group consists of people with lots of
>money that want to conserve the status. The second group consists of people
>in [upper] middle class that do not mind the status so much. Obviously, this
>is not a clear-cut definition as people move from one group to the other.
>However, curiously, the last group of people are almost always
>the ones that have interaction with non-jews (through school or jobs) and
>are the ones that are more prone to assimilation. On the other hand,
>the first group is more notorious (ie, the whole community is identified as
>being a bunch of JMP's).

Hmmm,...funny, but if you exclude all the sentences with "JMP" in them,
this statement seems (to me) to be true of ALL rich people.  Maybe
you're not talking about JEWISH women at all?  Or, maybe, you're
making generalizations, hey?  Sounds like the kinda thing
omeone generally anti-semitic does,...

					-Annoyingly,
					 Bilbo.
"The French, they are a funny race./They fight with their feet, and..."
						-Norbert Sykes.
DISCLAIMER:  If I had an opinion, do you think I'd let my employers know?
E-MAIL: kaufman@orion.arpa or kaufman@orion.arc.nasa.gov
FLAMES: There are no flames.  Re-check your opinions.