[soc.culture.jewish] hebrew fonts

siegel@hc.DSPO.GOV (josh Siegel) (09/28/88)

I am looking for a set of Hebrew fonts.  Has anybody spent the time
to generate such beasts?

thanks much
			--Josh Siegel
--
Josh Siegel		(siegel@hc.dspo.gov)
I like using a C-47A "puff dragon" to go shooting beer cans with.

avr@mtgzz.att.com (a.v.reed) (09/30/88)

Sometime back, benten@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Muhammad S. Benten)
posted the availability of his Hebrew (and Arabic) fonts to the
net. Check with him.
			Adam Reed (avr@mtgzz.ATT.COM)

leo@philmds.UUCP (Leo de Wit) (09/30/88)

In article <14387@hc.DSPO.GOV> siegel@hc.DSPO.GOV (josh Siegel) writes:
>I am looking for a set of Hebrew fonts.  Has anybody spent the time
>to generate such beasts?

The Atari ST has a Hebrew font builtin (in each of the three standard
fonts, in the upper part of the char set). So either buy an ST
(value for money) , or ask me to send it - the font that is 8-).
I don't know whether posting it would violate any copyright laws?.
Regards,

                 Leo.

julian@riacs.edu (Julian E. Gomez) (09/30/88)

In article <822@philmds.UUCP> leo@philmds.UUCP (Leo de Wit) writes:
" In article <14387@hc.DSPO.GOV> siegel@hc.DSPO.GOV (josh Siegel) writes:
" >I am looking for a set of Hebrew fonts.  Has anybody spent the time
" >to generate such beasts?

Davka Graphics has a number of Hebrew products for the Macintosh,
including a bunch of Hebrew fonts.  The Boston Computer Society also
has a set of four Hebrew fonts as shareware.

--
"Have you ever wondered if taxation without representation was cheaper?"

	Julian "a tribble took it" Gomez
	julian@riacs.edu

In article <822@philmds.UUCP> leo@philmds.UUCP (Leo de Wit) writes:
>In article <14387@hc.DSPO.GOV> siegel@hc.DSPO.GOV (josh Siegel) writes:
>>I am looking for a set of Hebrew fonts.

For what ????

>The Atari ST has a Hebrew font builtin

The Amiga has it, tha Mac has it, it's in the Vfont library.

--
            We've got everything we need, RIGHT HERE !!
richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                               {backbone}!gryphon!richard

anderson@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Joel Peter Anderson) (10/06/88)

Commodore users (although we may be on the low buck side) can take
comfort in the fact that we too have many Hebrew Fonts available.  I have
several in the native mode, printer mode - and best of all, in Geos
(the Mac-like operating system for CBM 8 bit machines) I have a bit mapped
whip up - it was the first I wrote on my VIC20.
This and many more fonts can be found all over the place - I have found
many on Quantum Link a Commodore only network.

"We know only the strong will survive, But the meek will inherit.
 So if you've got a coat of arms, old friend, I suggest you wear it."
					John Mellencamp.
  anderson@c10sd3.StPaul.NCR.COM |UUCP: {rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!jpa
     Joel Peter Anderson         |ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!jpa@nosc.mil
  NCR Comten / Software engineer |INET: jpa@pnet51.cts.com

ihoda@math.Berkeley.EDU (Jaime Ihoda) (06/02/89)

Are there any TeX Hebrew fonts?  Public FTP preferred.
--
 Chaim Ihoda  ihoda@math.berkeley.edu

leichter@CS.YALE.EDU (Jerry Leichter (LEICHTER-JERRY@CS.YALE.EDU)) (06/03/89)

In article <25175@agate.BERKELEY.EDU>, ihoda@math.Berkeley.EDU (Jaime Ihoda) writes...
>Are there any TeX Hebrew fonts?  Public FTP preferred.
>--
> Chaim Ihoda  ihoda@math.berkeley.edu

Jacques Goldberg at the Technion has developed a set of Hebrew fonts along
with various supporting software, and is working on a set of Arabic fonts.  I
don't know of any place to get them by FTP - they are distributed through the
BITNET TAUNIVM Listserv (as package IVRITEX).

Goldberg can be reached at:

	phr00jg@technion.bitnet

Note that there are to zeros in the name!
							-- Jerry