[soc.culture.jewish] looking for scanned pictures of Judaica

andrea@sdd.hp.com (Andrea K. Frankel) (11/14/90)

Does anyone have any scanned images of Judaica - objects such as Torah
scrolls, people praying in tallit, etc.?  These could be scanned
drawings as well as photos.

Please send whatever you have and tell me what format it's in - I think
I have access to an ample assortment of converters.

(In case you're wondering, I'm planning my Bat Mitzvah program book!)

Andrea Frankel, Hewlett Packard, San Diego Technical Graphics Div., R&D Lab
	"wake now!  Discover that you are the song that the morning brings..."
Internet : andrea@sdd.hp.com (or andrea%hp-sdd@nosc.mil or @ucsd.edu)
UUCP     : {hplabs|nosc|hpfcla|ucsd}!hp-sdd!andrea
CSNET    : andrea%hp-sdd@hplabs.csnet
USnail   : 16399 W. Bernardo Drive - Mailstop 61U65, San Diego CA 92127-1899
Voice    : (619) 592-4664

etzhadat@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Hydro Man) (11/18/90)

In article <1990Nov13.213607.11366@sdd.hp.com> andrea@sdd.hp.com (Andrea K. Frankel) writes:
>Does anyone have any scanned images of Judaica - objects such as Torah
>scrolls, people praying in tallit, etc.?  These could be scanned
>drawings as well as photos.

A picture of the aron hakodesh as it appears in "The Pictorial History of the
Jews"(forget if that's the exact title) and-probably more widely seen-
"Raiders of the Lost Ark" is available in gif format from several anonymous
ftp sites.  If you want it I can send it to you or if there's
enough demand I'll post it in uudecoded form (I've read that sites with gifs
would prefer not to have their addresses posted publicly anymore as it
increases volume too much.)

Davka corporation sells some software for the Mac which has bunches of
Jewish symbols. I don't have there address with me right now, but you can
mail me for it or since it's a FAQ on scj, someone may follow-up before
that.

>Andrea Frankel, Hewlett Packard, San Diego Technical Graphics Div., R&D Lab
>	"wake now!  Discover that you are the song that the morning brings..."
>Internet : andrea@sdd.hp.com (or andrea%hp-sdd@nosc.mil or @ucsd.edu)
>UUCP     : {hplabs|nosc|hpfcla|ucsd}!hp-sdd!andrea
>CSNET    : andrea%hp-sdd@hplabs.csnet
>USnail   : 16399 W. Bernardo Drive - Mailstop 61U65, San Diego CA 92127-1899
>Voice    : (619) 592-4664

|Paul Kornreich			    |News: etzhadat@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu	    |
|RLM 15.308			    |Professional: pkorn@astro.as.utexas.edu|
|Astronomy Department	 	    |Phone: 512 471-3453		    |
|The University of Texas at Austin  |					    |
|Should you go to Graduate School?  | Matt Groening			    |
|T/F My idea of a good time is	    | School is Hell			    |
|using jargon and citing authorites.|					    |
|She-col ha-omer davar bi-omro	    |Avot				    |
|mayvee geulah la-olam		    |6:6				    |
Disclaimer: Stop reading news and get back to work.