[soc.culture.jewish] MacWrite in Hebrew?

gsm@mailgsm.mendelson.com (Geoffrey S. Mendelson) (05/08/91)

Hi,

I need to get a Hebrew word processor for the Mac. MacWrite (the original
pre-claris version) has all the functions I need. Is it available in Hebrew?

If it is, can I get it in the U.S?

Are there any other word processors that will work in Hebrew on the Mac?

Also, where does one get a Hebrew Keyboard?

Thanks for your help,

Geoff

P.s. The Hebrew System is available on cd-rom (along with every other system,
     hypercard, and lots of other stuff) for $10. from Apple.
------
Copyright (C) 1991, Geoffrey S. Mendelson.              All Rights Reserved.
Except for usenet followups, may not be reproduced without permsission.
|                   |  Computer Software Consulting    |                   |
Geoffrey S. Mendelson           I've written and debugged almost eight thousand
geoffrey@mendelson.com          LINES of C code under Coherent in the last two
mwcbbs!mailgsm!geoffrey         months.  :-)
(215) 242-8712                  And my wife still speaks to me!

slhw4@cc.usu.edu (05/14/91)

In article <14937127@mailgsm.mendelson.com>,
gsm@mailgsm.mendelson.com (Geoffrey S. Mendelson) writes:
> Hi,
>
> I need to get a Hebrew word processor for the Mac. MacWrite (the original
> pre-claris version) has all the functions I need. Is it available in Hebrew?
>
> If it is, can I get it in the U.S?
>
> Are there any other word processors that will work in Hebrew on the Mac?
>
> Also, where does one get a Hebrew Keyboard?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Geoff
>
> P.s. The Hebrew System is available on cd-rom (along with every other system,
>      hypercard, and lots of other stuff) for $10. from Apple.

I'm looking for something similar. Hebrew screen and postscript fonts.
Does the stuff from Apple include word processing from right to left?

Let me know if you find a Hebrew keyboard; I want one too.

P.S. Please email responses.
--
Jason Hunsaker
Internet: slhw4@cc.usu.edu

wsinkees@wsinti01.info.win.tue.nl (Kees Huizing) (05/16/91)

There is a hebrew font on sumex (and lth.se for Europeans) called shalom.
It contains 18 and 24 point bitmaps and *Type 3* Postscript font. If someone
could convert this to Type 1, I would be very happy.
--
Kees Huizing - Eindhoven Univ of Techn - Dept Math & Comp Sc - The Netherlands
e-mail: wsinkees@win.tue.nl      Phone: +31-40-474120       Fax: +31-40-436685