[soc.culture.indian] cricket

bpa@vaximile.UUCP (B.ATI) (09/19/86)

India -Australia (First Test,Madras )..Australia  won the toss and scored
211 for 2 wickets on first day....Boon scores century...Debutant Jones
is unbeaten with 56....It seems spinners Shastri, Maninder and Yadav
bowled tightly to restrict the Australian total...Chetan Sharma got the
first wicket,don't know who captured the other one.

akze@ut-ngp.UUCP (arshad matin) (09/19/86)

India lost the second one-day international against Australia at Srinagar.
The first test starts on Sept.18 at Bangalore(iI think).

r0711@monuxa.UUCP (Vagesh Rajashekar) (09/20/86)

In article <2676@rsch.WISC.EDU>, kulkarni@pipe.WISC.EDU (Kulkarni) writes:
> I for one never thought this day would arise so brusquely.The BCCI has shown
> their shallowness again by discarding indisputably India's greatest batsman
> ever for the one day internationals.I only hope this is not the final goodbye
> for Sunny;the least the board can do for him is to give him one game,no matter what
> it is ,so that if he has to retire let him do it style after serving Indian
> cricket so honourably for so long.
>
> Fellow netters views solicited.
> .
   Kulkarni,I for one totally agree with your point that Sunny should be
   on the One-Day & the Test Eleven.

r0711@monuxa.UUCP (Vagesh Rajashekar) (09/22/86)

   Kulkarni,I agree with you totally.

bpa@vaximile.UUCP (B.ATI) (09/23/86)

First test between India and Australia ends in a " Tie ".According
to BBC, Gavaskar scored a 90 in the 2nd innings and Maninder's
dismissal ended the game to a tie. Ravi Shastri remained unbeaten.

                                        Babi Ati