[soc.culture.indian] Spiritual Concepts..

sohan@im4u.UUCP (Sohan Ramakrishna Pillai) (10/02/86)

In article <389@briar.UUCP> ams@briar.UUCP (Ali Shaik) writes:
>Here's something interesting from the 29 Oct 86 issue of the New York
^   				       ^^^^^^^^^
^				       ?????????
>Times (page 1, column 1):
>
>"Representatives of some of the nation's largest corporations, including
>IBM, AT&T, and General Motors, met in New Mexico in July to discuss
>how metaphysics, the occult, and Hindu mysticism might help executives
>compete in the marketplace."
>
>Comments, anyone?
>
>Ali Shaik   ihnp4!philabs!ams

Mystic foresight?

raghu@ut-sally.UUCP (Raghu Ramakrishnan) (10/02/86)

>"Representatives of some of the nation's largest corporations, including
>IBM, AT&T, and General Motors, met in New Mexico in July to discuss
>how metaphysics, the occult, and Hindu mysticism might help executives
>compete in the marketplace."
>Comments, anyone?
>
>Ali Shaik   ihnp4!philabs!ams

Well, if they stand on their heads, at least it'll give them a new
perspective.

- raghu

---------------------------
IBM's new slogan for their disks: "Seek, and thou shalt find."

ashutosh@euler.Berkeley.EDU (Ashutosh Rege) (10/02/86)

In article <389@briar.UUCP> ams@briar.UUCP (Ali Shaik) writes:
>Here's something interesting from the 29 Oct 86 issue of the New York
 				       ^^^^^^^^^
>Times (page 1, column 1):
>
>"Representatives of some of the nation's largest corporations, including
>IBM, AT&T, and General Motors, met in New Mexico in July to discuss
>how metaphysics, the occult, and Hindu mysticism might help executives
>compete in the marketplace."
>
>Comments, anyone?
>
>Ali Shaik   ihnp4!philabs!ams

	At least you have some evidence for occult. Or was it occidental?
But then again could be something mysterious in my ocular system.

trb@ima.UUCP (Andrew Tannenbaum) (10/02/86)

In article <389@briar.UUCP> ams@briar.UUCP (Ali Shaik) writes:
> Here's something interesting from the 29 Oct 86 issue of the New York
> Times (page 1, column 1):

I suppose that time travel was one of the skills discussed at this
meeting ;-).

> "Representatives of some of the nation's largest corporations, including
> IBM, AT&T, and General Motors, met in New Mexico in July to discuss
> how metaphysics, the occult, and Hindu mysticism might help executives
> compete in the marketplace."
>
> Comments, anyone?

[I'm not an Indian, but I play one on TV.]

OK.  A comment.  A Little Bo Peep diploma ascertaining that some
executive is versed in the mysteries of the East isn't going to help
him compete in the marketplace.

I don't deny that there is value in non-western religions and knowledge,
I just don't think that anyone is going to learn anything significant
about life, the universe, and everything from such a meeting.

	Andrew Tannenbaum   Interactive   Boston, MA   +1 617 247 1155

guest@sgi.UUCP (guest) (10/03/86)

In article <389@briar.UUCP>, ams@briar.UUCP (Ali Shaik) writes:
> Here's something interesting from the 29 Oct 86 issue of the New York
> Times (page 1, column 1):
> Comments, anyone?
                      Sure looks futuristic to me !! 29 Oct 86? ha :-)

Well looks like I am n`back on the net if this thing goes thru...

Wonder if the mailer is smart enough to pick up my real name!!!

He He He.

The demon who talks!!

machari@watvlsi.UUCP (Mahesh A. Chari) (10/03/86)

> Here's something interesting from the 29 Oct 86 issue of the New York
> Times (page 1, column 1):
>
> "Representatives of some of the nation's largest corporations, including
> IBM, AT&T, and General Motors, met in New Mexico in July to discuss
> how metaphysics, the occult, and Hindu mysticism might help executives
> compete in the marketplace."
>
> Comments, anyone?
>
> Ali Shaik   ihnp4!philabs!ams

Couple of months back I saw a program on T.V. about Mahesh Yogi. In that
they were talking about how meditation and other yogic practices are
attracting and helping the hard-working, strain filled, top notches of
several leading corporations. Looks like these ideas seem to be
getting popular.

- Mahesh Chari.

raj@umcp-cs.UUCP (Raj Bhatnagar) (10/03/86)

In article <389@briar.UUCP> ams@briar.UUCP (Ali Shaik) writes:
>Here's something interesting from the 29 Oct 86 issue of the New York
>Times (page 1, column 1):
>
>"Representatives of some of the nation's largest corporations, including
>IBM, AT&T, and General Motors, met in New Mexico in July to discuss
>how metaphysics, the occult, and Hindu mysticism might help executives
>compete in the marketplace."
>
>Comments, anyone?

Very soon many management schools will be offering courses to teach the
above material. Where will they go to hire the faculty? To the Ghats of
Haridwar and Varanasi....I guess!!!!!!
Just imagine........
A saffron robed person with a staff and a kamandal walking in to give
lectures for BMGT-nnn !!!!!!!

ams@briar.UUCP (Ali Shaik) (10/03/86)

ziegler@utcs.UUCP (10/05/86)

In article <389@briar.UUCP> ams@briar.UUCP (Ali Shaik) writes:
>how metaphysics, the occult, and Hindu mysticism might help executives
>compete in the marketplace."
>
>Comments, anyone?
>
>Ali Shaik   ihnp4!philabs!ams

   Do we really want fat cat businessmen to "use" Hindu mysticism to their
   own capitalistic ends? Does therein not lie a contradiction ?

   Comments, anyone?