[net.sf-lovers] Good trilogy

red@ukma.UUCP (Red Varth) (03/29/85)

Allow me to recommend "Inheirit the Stars", "The Gentle Giants of Ganymede",
and "Giants' Star" by James P. Hogan. I don't want to spoil the plot, for
anyone, so I won't say too much.

"Inheirit the Stars" is about what happens when an exploration team
discovers a man on the moon in about 2000 A.D. Man -- genus Homo,
species sapiens. The only problem with this is that he died ca. 50K
years ago.

This one is a lot of science, not so much fiction. But it's a real good yarn.
I can't say anything about the 2nd and 3rd book without spoiling the first,
so I'll stop.

Any other opinions out there?

			Red

lindley@ut-ngp.UUCP (John L. Templer) (03/31/85)

> From: red@ukma.UUCP (Red Varth)
>
> Allow me to recommend "Inheirit the Stars", "The Gentle Giants of
> Ganymede", and "Giants' Star" by James P. Hogan. . . .  Any other
> opinions out there?

Yes, these are a favorite of mine too.  I especialy liked the interplay
between the head researcher and the biologist (names forgotten).  Also
the "trick tactics" near the end of "Giant's Star."
--

                                           John L. Templer
                                     University of Texas at Austin

       {allegra,gatech,seismo!ut-sally,vortex}!ut-ngp!lindley

      "Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose."

They were (like all of Hogan's work) a lot of fun, but I think he went
a bit overboard after the first novel.  I don't want to say anything
spoilerish so I'd better stop here ...
CSNet:	chris@umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris@maryland