[soc.culture.celtic] whiskey vs whisky

csrdi@its63b.ed.ac.uk (ECTU68 R Innis CS) (10/14/86)

This was supposed to be a private mailer, but it seems us undergrads can't
access uucp.....

simon@einode points out that whiskey is used as a basis for a lot of mixes..

a matter of taste - but then again, maybe whiskey *has* to be drunk as a blend..
:-)

seriously, i don't claim to be a whisky conniseur but we do produce better
single malts - best drunk the way the lord made 'em.
	ttfn,
		--rick

simon@einode.UUCP (Simon Kenyon) (10/15/86)

> seriously, i don't claim to be a whisky conniseur but we do produce better
> single malts - best drunk the way the lord made 'em.
> 	ttfn,
> 		--rick
what about black bush (bushmills)
it's claim to fame is that it comes from the oldest whisk(e)y distillery
in the world!
--
Simon Kenyon
EUnet: simon@einode.UUCP

andrew@stc.co.uk (10/16/86)

In article <186@einode.UUCP> simon@einode.UUCP (Simon Kenyon) writes:
| what about black bush (bushmills)
| it's claim to fame is that it comes from the oldest whisk(e)y distillery
| in the world!
| --
| Simon Kenyon
| EUnet: simon@einode.UUCP
| Smail: The National Software Centre, Dublin, IRELAND
| Phone: +353-1-716255
| EUnet is a registered trademark of the EUUG

While I don't subscribe to the viewpoint that older is nescessarily
better, it frequently is in the world of spirits.  However is that
oldest as in "oldest registered and legal"?

While we're on the subject of whisky, can I commend to your palate
a whisky from my home town (The Whisky capital of the world in 1864)

	Springbank 12 yr old
	Sherry cask Matured
	100 deg

This is so good that I `import' a case every so often, and offer some
for sale.  I usually have trouble keeping one for myself!

There we go chauvenisim and jingoism in one posting!

--
Regards,
	Andrew Macpherson.  <andrew@tcom.stc.co.uk>  {backbone}!ukc!stc!andrew

csrdi@its63b.ed.ac.uk (ECTU68 R Innis CS) (10/16/86)

Simon points out that Bushmill's is the oldest whiskey distillery in the world.

oldest ain't neccessarily best...cf Ronald Reagan.....

having said that, black bush is okay - but if you ever get a chance to try
caol ila, don't miss it!

	--rick