[net.sf-lovers] V

Dickson.Scouting@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA (03/22/84)

From:   Dickson.Scouting@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA (Paul W. Dickson)

I just read in my morning newspaper that NBC will be showing "V Part II:
The Final Act" on May 6th through the 8th.  The article was on how, when
the networks final show something worth watching, another network shows
something that is equally interesting at the same time (the other show
is "The Last Days of Pompei" on ABC).

                              Paul Dickson
                              Dickson%pco@cisl

P.S.  Has anyone notice that when you sound out miniseries you get
min-is-er-ies.

barryg@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Barry Gold) (01/05/85)

The first January episode of "V" seemed somewhat better.  Only mediocre
rather than loathsome.  If *I* were the new lizard commander, I'd start
out by purging half my troops, brainwashing them, and sending them off to
help the rebels.  That should assure victory in a couple of weeks.

Speaking of the new lizard commander, do you think Regehr (previously seen
in black leather brigantine with steel studs as Dirk Blackpool in "Wizards
& Warriors" and black leather gladiator armor with steel stud as Lydon in
"The Last Days of Pompeii" has a clause in his contract specifying that
he be type-clothed rather than type-cast?  He looked quite nice in his
offbeat garb of black pants, black shirt open to the waste, and a silver
belt.

--Lee Gold

@RUTGERS.ARPA:TIGQC356%CUNYVM.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA (03/14/85)

From: Mark F. Rand  <TIGQC356%CUNYVM.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA>

Does anyone who still watches V notice that in the few scenes when a
Visitor's mask is removed, the lizard head revealed seems larger than
the way it looked when masked..??
It seems that there should be a way to make the lizard head look smaller.
And another thing... Where are all the other mother ships????  In the
beginning sequence it's mentioned that there are 15 ships.. Well one was
destroyed in the 2nd(??) episode, but that still leaves 14.. It seems that
that should give the visitors enough fire power to take over.. Even with
the "Red Dust"(though why the Visitors havenn''t come up with an antidote
seems a mystery)they could still fly around in their ships(which are air-
tight for space-flight)shooting up cities..
It seems to me that V is a SF soap opera..

See ya
Mark Rand

@RUTGERS.ARPA:LEAR@RU-GREEN.ARPA (03/18/85)

From: The Little Guy <Lear@RU-GREEN.ARPA>

David Lagrone writes:
  "What's wrong with Lizard Creatures? It just takes longer to put on your
  makeup..."

I wonder if David likes the series?  I, personally, am getting a little (if not
a lot) nauseated with the prospect of watching one hour of the madcap cavortings
of a group of starving LIZARDS.

						eliot lear

[LEAR@RU-GREEN			[allegra!topaz!{ru-blue,ru-green}!lear]
     @RU-BLUE
     @NB.ARPA]
-------

@RUTGERS.ARPA:Marshall.wbst@Xerox.ARPA (03/19/85)

From: Marshall.wbst@XEROX.ARPA

When my daughter (age = 11 years) heard of all the bad things said about
the TV show V on this distribution list she made me promise to reply.
She loves the show and the various characters in it. She likes the
female lizards insulting each other and the Earth child with paranormal
powers. So maybe the TV producers know something about their typical
audience.

--Sidney Marshall

brown@nic_vax.UUCP (03/20/85)

> From: Marshall.wbst@XEROX.ARPA
>
> When my daughter (age = 11 years) heard of all the bad things said about
> the TV show V on this distribution list she made me promise to reply.
> She loves the show and the various characters in it. She likes the
> female lizards insulting each other and the Earth child with paranormal
> powers. So maybe the TV producers know something about their typical
> audience.
>
> --Sidney Marshall

*** WHY SHOULD I REPLACE THIS LINE WITH MY MESSAGE ***

I hope you had the heart to tell your daughter that this Friday, March 22,
is the last episode of the series (as reported in TV Guide)

Mr. Video

@RUTGERS.ARPA:TIGQC356%CUNYVM.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA (03/28/85)

From: Mark F. Rand  <TIGQC356%CUNYVM.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA>

Did anyone else out there watch the last episode of V???
It looks like the people at "V" might be planning to try V (similar story
different name).. They ended the show on a BIG cliff hanger.. Elizebeth
is going somewhere with the leader(to his apartment??) and Diana has
planted a bomb on the leader's craft(how!!?? He was never shown leaving
the ship and looked like only one entry hatch!), and Elizebeth's boy-
friend has also apparently (somehow!!!???!!!) stowed away on the Leader's
ship... There is now the chance of peace(possibly cooexistence??)...
Now here   is the BIG question.... What will the title of the next V be??
"After the Final Invasion"??? Do Donovon and Diana get married and have
little Starchildren that leave their toys "floating" around the house??
And what does the Leader look like??? Is he an etheral being or does he
just carry around a strong green flashlight???

See ya
Mark Rand

P.S. Why aren't there more Sci-Fi shows on T.V. like Dr. Who??!!!

brian@digi-g.UUCP (Merlyn Leroy) (04/01/85)

In <1062@topaz.ARPA> @RUTGERS.ARPA:TIGQC356%CUNYVM.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA asks:
>...What will the title of the next V be??
>Mark Rand

How about "VI" ?

Or would people think this is an ancient roman version of "The Prisoner"?

:-)
Merlyn Leroy
a.k.a Brian Westley

kdmoen@watcgl.UUCP (Doug Moen) (04/07/85)

>>...What will the title of the next V be??
>>Mark Rand

>How about "VI" ?
>
>Or would people think this is an ancient roman version of "The Prisoner"?
>
>Merlyn Leroy

No, people will think this is a text editor.  :-)
Doug Moen