[net.sf-lovers] "Silent Running"

@RUTGERS.ARPA:WPHILLIPS.ES@Xerox.ARPA (04/03/85)

From: WPHILLIPS.ES@XEROX.ARPA

The name of the movie is indeed "Silent Running". If my memory is
correct
(and I can correct or verify any of the following info later), The movie
was ment as a kind of social statement, eccology and all that. I think,
(mind you I'm
not sure), that "Silent Runing" was started out as a project for a
college film class. I'm fairly sure it was done on a tight bugget, but
you couldn't tell from
the quality, or I couldn't. If your'e wondering why, here's part of it.
All of the
interior sets,(except the domes), were done on an old aircraft carrier.

Hear's a small bit of worthless information, :-> the sound track was
rereleased a couple of years ago (pressed on transparent green vinyl no
less). I think its still available, though hard to find.

 Personally I liked the film. Iwould also add my reccomendation to see
it.

Here's a couple of trivia questions for those of you who've seen "Silent
Running"

1) Who is the artist who did the title track?

2) How do the drones work?

Wendel

hsu@cvl.UUCP (Dave Hsu) (04/04/85)

> 2) How do the drones work?
>
> Wendel

By this, what do you mean? The legless child actors inside?

-dave

avolio@grendel.UUCP (Frederick M. Avolio) (04/04/85)

--
Fred Avolio      {decvax,seismo}!grendel!avolio      301/731-4100 x4227

@RUTGERS.ARPA:WPHILLIPS.ES@Xerox.ARPA (04/09/85)

From: WPHILLIPS.ES@Xerox.ARPA

>> 2) How do the drones work?
>>
> By this, what do you mean? The legless child actors inside?
>
> dave

Yes,

 I keep forgeting that I'm dealing with sci-fi fans who know all this stuff
It was a surprise to me when I found out that the drones were actors in costume.

Wendel