[talk.bizarre] Bizarre Theory #243

hutch@sdcsvax.UUCP (Jim Hutchison) (08/23/86)

<>
Gurer'f fgvyy gvzr gb punatr gur ebnq lbhe'r ba

Ever notice how rot13 looks like Swedish?  I think that There were
UFO's who came down from outerspace and rot13'd all the nordic peoples.
I am still working on proving this.  Although I have not managed to reverse
the effect yet, I feel that with just a few more typecasts, and maybe 1 or
2 more data structures, I should have a working filter.

--
	Jim. <hutch@sdcsvax>	--disclaimed, head crash--

showard@udenva.UUCP (Steve "Blore" Howard) (08/25/86)

In article <2004@sdcsvax.UUCP> hutch@sdcsvax.UUCP (Jim Hutchison) writes:
><>
>Gurer'f fgvyy gvzr gb punatr gur ebnq lbhe'r ba
>
>Ever notice how rot13 looks like Swedish?  I think that There were
>UFO's who came down from outerspace and rot13'd all the nordic peoples.
>I am still working on proving this.  Although I have not managed to reverse
>the effect yet, I feel that with just a few more typecasts, and maybe 1 or
>2 more data structures, I should have a working filter.

  I wouldn't recommend it.  After seeing "The Fly" a bunch of us got really
drunk and tried to rot13 a Rhesus monkey, which ended up looking a lot like
that first baboon . . .

--

"I feel very strange--It's like Pink Floyd or something"

Steve "Blore" Howard, who's feeling much better now, thank you.
                      {hplabs, seismo}!hao!udenva!showard
or {boulder, cires, ucbvax!nbires, cisden}!udenva!showard