[talk.bizarre] The Rat Song

andrews@ubc-cs.UUCP (Jamie Andrews) (08/29/86)

Since we're now posting bizarre poems, I respectfully submit

	THE RAT SONG
	------------

Copyright (c) 1986 by James H. Andrews

(bouncy elevator-music rhythm)

1. Rats, rats, autumn rats
   Crunching through the autumn leaves
   Getting caught in autumn's freeze
   Dying every one

2. Oh, rats, rats, winter rats
   Dashing through the winter snow
   Catching virus as they go
   Dying every one

(baroque harpsichord solo)

3. Rats, rats, springtime rats
   Singing of the springtime blues
   Sinking in the springtime ooze
   Dying every one

4. Oh, rats, rats, summer rats
   Playing in the summer sun
   Fainting, bloating ends their fun
   Dying every one

(triumphant final chord)

--Jamie.
...!ihnp4!alberta!ubc-vision!ubc-cs!andrews
"Don't tell me you don't know what love is"

nick@hp-sdd.UUCP (Nick Flor) (09/04/86)

In article <377@ubc-cs.UUCP> andrews@ubc-cs.UUCP (Jamie Andrews) writes:
>Since we're now posting bizarre poems, I respectfully submit
>
>	THE RAT SONG
>	------------
>
>Copyright (c) 1986 by James H. Andrews

<deleted nonsense :-)>

Why?  Why do people post such nonsense poems on this group.
My "Ode to Shelli the Damager Goddess" poem was far better
than this rat poem.  Let me post another which shall serve
as the defacto standard for all you aspiring poem
writers:

                       A NEW RAT SONG
                       --------------

                 Copyright 1986, Nick V. Flor

	              The rat's are wet
	              Because it rained.
	      But the mice in the classroom are dry.
	              They find that when
	              They don't wear fur,
	      That their bodies get wet and they die.

(Sung to the tune of -- "Ode to Shelli, the Damager Goddess")
--
Standard disclaimer:
  The above opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my

Nick V. Flor
..hplabs!hp-sdd!nick

"What's going down in this world, you got no idea.  Believe me."

The Comedian