[talk.bizarre] Being deflowered in Ooblick

hutch@sdcsvax.UUCP (Jim Hutchison) (09/01/86)

In article <3553@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU> ln63szh@sdcc3.UUCP (Lisa Kemp) writes:
>>Lisa, Lisa, Lisa.  You underestimate your own taste in food!  Whipped
>>cream is *outstanding*!  Jello's viscosity makes it interesting for
>>some uses, but a full appreciation can be had by *combining* the two
>>in mass quantities.  We'll check that theory at the Boston net.party.
>>In the meantime, can somebody tell Henry and I how to make ooblick?
>>
>>	- Shelli "I think I'll have another Molson" Meyers
>>

>Funny that you should mention Molson.  I have been quaffing them for
>most of the evening.  (*hic*)
>
>And I agree.  To combine the firm, yet flexible texture of Jello
>with the smooth spreadability of whipped cream (out of a can or
>whipped by hand) is almost certain to liven up any *ahem* encounter.
>But as far as ooblick... is this an activity or an ingestible
>substance?
>
>Just wondering, (*hic*)
>Lisa

Well, ooblick is usually an event.  I heard about it not all that long
ago from a certain hollow chocolate bunny, so perhaps she could help you...
Did see some last week, icky! :-).  Reminds me of some pancake batter I
once made according to directions on the wrong box.

If you apply force it is a solid.  If you rest a heavy object on it, its
a liquid.  So you can walk on it, and hamsters sink.

Apologies to anyone who was expecting a storie about me being forcibly
deflowered by a brutish Ooblick concoctor. :-)
--
    Jim Hutchison   UUCP:	{dcdwest,ucbvax}!sdcsvax!hutch
		    ARPA:	hutch@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu

jjc@teddy.UUCP (Jean J. Cote) (09/02/86)

So I remember a Dr. Seuss story called "Bartholemew and the Oobleck" (starring
Bartholemew Cubbins of the many hats) that involved some suspiciously
slime-like stuff falling from the sky. Is ooblick a modern day replica? I
suppose it might be somewhat more palatable (although slime is non-toxic;
I've eaten it on stage).

So while I don't have the ooblick recipe, here's the recipe for snozzberry
juice (artificially flavored, natch):

          7-up
          orange soda (I believe Cott brand is recommended)
          Orange Tang
          Grape Tang (might be hard to find)

     Mix strong. If it tastes okay you did it wrong. If you did it right
     you'll know it's snozzberry juice.

                                           Jean-Joseph Cote

P.S. Anybody want to hear my radical new reincarnation theory?

rich@sdcsvax.UUCP (rich) (09/04/86)

In article <2042@sdcsvax.UUCP> hutch@sdcsvax.UUCP (Jim Hutchison) writes:
>In article <3553@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU> ln63szh@sdcc3.UUCP (Lisa Kemp) writes:
>>>Lisa, Lisa, Lisa.  You underestimate your own taste in food!
Ahhh, but us experienced UCSD people don't...

>>>Whipped
>>>cream is *outstanding*!  Jello's viscosity makes it interesting for
>>>some uses, but a full appreciation can be had by *combining* the two
>>>in mass quantities.
Amature, amature.

>>> We'll check that theory at the Boston net.party.
>>>In the meantime, can somebody tell Henry and I how to make ooblick?
You don't make it, you are it... (if you know what you are)

--- this is the supreme beer goddess now ---
>>Funny that you should mention Molson.  I have been quaffing them for
>>most of the evening.  (*hic*)
is this the appropriate place for a discusion on the firm but
flexible?

>>And I agree.  To combine the firm, yet flexible texture of Jello
>>with the smooth spreadability of whipped cream (out of a can or
>>whipped by hand) is almost certain to liven up any *ahem* encounter.

>>But as far as ooblick... is this an activity or an ingestible
>>substance?

Oh oh- I see something coming out of this.

>>Just wondering, (*hic*)
wonder no longer- as a deity you now are omnipotent. pretty bitchin,
huh?

--- this is hutch      wierd asshole that he is---
>Well, ooblick is usually an event.  I heard about it not all that long
>ago from a certain hollow chocolate bunny, so perhaps she could help you...

I am not hollow, you limp dicked pwogwammer... (the bunny wabbit)

>Did see some last week, icky! :-).  Reminds me of some pancake batter I
>once made according to directions on the wrong box.

didn't taste bad for chaclate (bunny) chip cookies though...

>If you apply force it is a solid.  If you rest a heavy object on it, its
>a liquid.  So you can walk on it, and hamsters sink.

obviously, jim knows shit about engineering.
(yeah sure,J.A (ie: fritzz))

>Apologies to anyone who was expecting a storie about me being forcibly
>deflowered by a brutish Ooblick concoctor. :-)

ummmm, knowing you and ooblick connectors, we expected nothing of
the sort.

apologies to jim (who is a really nice guy) and JA,(who is a bastard
scum asshole) for any unfair represenations in this article

rich (JA!) (no, rich!)

and a drunken frittz