[talk.bizarre] A Sane Man Hears From A Fan. Again.

ams@briar.UUCP (Ali Shaik) (09/29/86)

In article <330@axiom.UUCP>, gts@axiom.UUCP (Guy Schafer) writes:
> The first attempts were pretty poor and the only sound it would make was
> "Ali Shaik" so I use that as the name of the fan.  Now I've gotten much

It is interesting that the first words your rudimentary speech
synthesizer uttered were:
			  "Ali Shaik,"
because, you see, my *name* happens to be Ali Shaik.

What's more surprising is that it said "Ali Shaik," and not "Ali *Sheik*"
as most people are wont to pronounce my name at first. This leads me to
believe that you have a very intelligent speech synthesizer, one
that even knows how to pronounce Indian names. Most people pronounce my
last name "Sheik," and imagine there's lots of oil money in the family-
which sadly is not the case or why would I be working for a living.

Ali "No Oil Money" ShAik

PS: It sould also be that your fan is actually my *fan*, as it called
out my name first (get it?). In which case, it is actually a  Sane Man
Fan Fan, man.