[talk.bizarre] A Sane Man Reports The Extent Of The Damage.

gts@axiom.UUCP (Guy Schafer) (10/01/86)

Is there anyone out there?
I not sure how much of the net is still functioning.  When the bombs first
hit the Boston area, it took out every computer from Hartford to Concord,
New Hampshire.
I'm in Wells River now but I'm posting from a PDP-11/70 at the University
of Vermont in Burlington.  These are the first phone lines I've found that
still work and UVM is the nearest university running UNIX.  I tried to call
Manchester or Concord, New Hampshire but I couldn't get through.  I think
both cities are gone.  Vermont and its phone lines are remarkably unscathed.
At least for now.

Anyway, if anyone can read this try to get a message to me at gts@uvmpdp.
I can only assume everyone south of here all the way to Washington, DC,
has been incinerated.  I try not to think about it.

I got quite a dose myself and figure that I'll start to vomit blood in
a couple of hours.  I try not to think about that either.

I can see more flashes south--must be New York...wait, there's some more,
closer...shi

ams@briar.UUCP (Ali Shaik) (10/01/86)

In article <342@axiom.UUCP>, gts@axiom.UUCP (Guy Schafer) writes:
> Is there anyone out there?
> I not sure how much of the net is still functioning.  When the bombs first
> hit the Boston area, it took out every computer from Hartford to Concord,
>
> I can see more flashes south--must be New York...wait, there's some more,
> closer...shi

I just got back from India, and this place is really a mess. Had to wait
*hours* to get through immigration, and they lost my green card because
everything in JFK has a green glow to it.

Gee, I do hope the Sane Man escaped in his Honda Time Machine. talk.bizarre
would never be the same again without him. On second thoughts- forget it!

Ali Shaik    ihnp4!philabs!ams