[talk.bizarre] Atari buying Federated?/Really: demo's/Grain

richard@gryphon.UUCP (09/01/87)

In article <206@stag.UUCP> trb@stag.UUCP ( Todd Burkey ) writes:

>around...running the juggler demo or some complex task like that. BTW,
>the juggler demo on the ST is pretty good...a tad bit grainer than on
>the Amiga, but it was nice (a year ago it would have floored the local
>ST club, but now it barely rated a 'nice, got any other
>demos?'...we must be getting jaded.
>
>-Todd Burkey

The juggler, when we got it a year ago, DID floor everybody. It is now,
VERY old hat. The spiffiest demo so far is 'Leo's Nightmare' a, uh, well,
err, "imitation" of a small part of Prixars "Reds Dream" demo tape
that was showed at SIGRAPH.

Unfortunatly, Prixar shook its snakes an rattles, and whined 'clear
case of copyright infringment' and now nobody will get to see it
on an amiga or ST. (Or, uhh, Mac, for that matter)

As for grain, thats why I got an amiga. I saw it next to an ST in a store
and said "Hmm. Less grain. I'll take the amiga".

What do you guys do with all your spare grain ? And where does it
come from ? The Russians would pay dearly for that stuff you know.
--
Richard Sexton
INTERNET:     richard@gryphon.CTS.COM

"It's too dark to put the key in my ignition..."