[talk.bizarre] Censorship in talk.bizarre

kent@xanth.UUCP (11/15/87)

In article <5908@jade.BERKELEY.EDU> skyler@violet.berkeley.edu.UUCP () writes:
>In article <2265@gryphon.CTS.COM> richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>>In article <1784@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> dmjones@athena.mit.edu (David M. Jones) writes:
>>>I agree with Oleg.  Please don't try to get Eric thrown off of the net.
>>That would be too good for him. I suggest death.[...]
>
>[...] I say we slowly torture him. [...]

We may have succeeded a bit too well here.  From recent evidence, some
cretin at puff has actually suspended E.M.'s right to post.  Now I
didn't much like Eric's postings; they indicated lack of common sense,
common courtesy, even of growing up in the same universe.

But!

However much I didn't like them, I read them right along with the rest
of the newsgroup, flayed him to ribbons where appropriate, and, on
those rare occassions when I managed to arouse his miniscule available
attention for anything outside his own corpus, got some of the same
back in return.  That is good clean fun, and what the net is all
about.  Learning to deal with criticism, and to review his ideas, may
have someday turned Eric into a true human being, as it has done for
the rest of us.

But if Eric can be censored for his commentary, so can I, or you, or
any other poster be censored.  I'd put up with reading positngs from
1000 more like Eric, before I'd admit that someone else should decide
what I should post.

So, here is the start of one of the strangest campaigns ever begun in
talk.bizarre:  BRING BACK ERIC MADING!

>Damn.  Back to the drawing board.

You'd better believe it.  Big brother is just around the corner, and
this is NOT what we wanted.

>-skyler

Kent, the (freedom loving) man from xanth.

hin9@sphinx.UUCP (11/16/87)

      I hesitate to say this, but put my vote up for bringing Mading back,
too.

     T Rev

--
The Reverend with No Name       "You'd better wake up and smell the goats or
@ The Lord Julius Cabal          it's burlap soup for all of us!"