[talk.bizarre] Ghod, I hate agreeing with you, but you're right....

sc@frog.UUCP (11/17/87)

In article <3384@xanth.UUCP> kent@xanth.UUCP (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:
>We may have succeeded a bit too well here.  From recent evidence, some
>cretin at puff has actually suspended E.M.'s right to post.

Not necessarily a cretin, Kent, maybe just someone who saw all the
flames, knew he could stop 'em, and values keeping his site from being
sued by some offended soul (probably a dope-smoking non-funnymentalist
person of ambiguous sexuality, right?) more than he values
establishing this network on the basis of free access.

I, who am not (*usually*) a cretin, occasionally do things that have
cretinous results.  (Have _YOU_ ever tried substituting dishwashing
liquid for dishwasher powder?  Do it the hour before you move out of
an apartment you hate, without leaving a forwarding address....)

>Learning to deal with criticism, and to review his ideas, may
>have someday turned Eric into a true human being, as it has done for
>the rest of us.

Or, in some cases, is still working on it.  Whatever.  What can I say
-- I don't think I'm finished yet -- at least I hope not.

>So, here is the start of one of the strangest campaigns ever begun in
>talk.bizarre:  BRING BACK ERIC MADING!

You may be surprised to know that your campaign has already been
rewarded with success -- earlier today I saw an article from the guy
at puff (might have been in news.admin, maybe not -- one of those
groups), saying that he had pulled the account, but later restored
it.  Perhaps this has gotten Eric's attention, and even more perhaps
he'll quit playing the games, and let us get to know the person he is,
rather than the flaming asshole he was pretending to be.

So, unlike Don Black, Eric Mading may be able to join us.  And even
though I can't manage to enjoy his posts (they're not even _that_ good
satire), I'm glad he's able to post.

STartripper		QQQCLC		sc@frog.uucp