[talk.bizarre] Imported woman's Fox Fur Coats

glenn@decwrl.UUCP (11/13/87)

In article <4830@elroy.Jpl.Nasa.Gov> earle@jplopto.JPL.NASA.GOV (Greg Earle)
writes:
>These foxes would have made a great Christmas present for someone special.

    They still do.

>Namely, their brothers/sisters/parents.  Alive.

     Hard to wear foxfur alive. Bites too much, chases too many rabbits and
the problems with fleas, ooooooh!

>	Greg Earle		earle@jplopto.JPL.NASA.GOV
>	S(*CENSORED*)t		earle%jplopto@jpl-elroy.ARPA	[aka:]
>	Rockwell International	earle%jplopto@elroy.JPL.NASA.GOV
>	Seal Beach, CA		...!cit-vax!elroy!smeagol!jplopto!earle

     Christ Greg, if they're being sold as *coats* you already missed the
boat! I suppose you'd rather they sat in a warehouse gathering moths. I
seriously doubt that a fox parent is particularly interested in the welfare
of their offspring after a certain period. Survival of the fittest and all
that.

    Unless *you* know something we don't?

Still baiting Aminal Rights People where ever I can,

Glenn
glenn@ocean.dec.com

paul@umix.UUCP (11/14/87)

In article <143@bacchus.DEC.COM> glenn@decwrl.UUCP (Glenn Thain) writes:
-
-    Unless *you* know something we don't?
-
-Still baiting Aminal Rights People where ever I can,

Here's hoping for a hereafter.  Or one of the animals you breed getting skinned.

--
Trying everything that whiskey cures in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Over one billion messages read.

farren@gethen.UUCP (11/15/87)

In article <143@bacchus.DEC.COM> glenn@decwrl.UUCP (Glenn Thain) writes:
[on fox coats for sale]

>     Christ Greg, if they're being sold as *coats* you already missed the
>boat! I suppose you'd rather they sat in a warehouse gathering moths.

Don't know about Greg, but I sure would.  If they didn't sell, then the
people that are making them might, possibly, stop.

>Still baiting Aminal Rights People where ever I can,

 Still missing the point (and the spelling),

--
----------------
Michael J. Farren      "... if the church put in half the time on covetousness

edw@bigmac.UUCP (11/20/87)

In article <143@bacchus.DEC.COM>, glenn@decwrl.dec.com (Glenn Thain) writes:
> In article <4830@elroy.Jpl.Nasa.Gov> earle@jplopto.JPL.NASA.GOV (Greg Earle)
> writes:
> >These foxes would have made a great Christmas present for someone special.
>     They still do.
> >Namely, their brothers/sisters/parents.  Alive.
                                            ^^^^^^^
					    Horse pucky
					    i have never ever seen a fox
					    wear a coat made of 40 other
					    foxes, dead or alive
>      Hard to wear foxfur alive. Bites too much, chases too many rabbits and
> the problems with fleas, ooooooh!
      no shit

>      Christ Greg, if they're being sold as *coats* you already missed the
> that.
>
>     Unless *you* know something we don't?
>
> Still baiting Aminal Rights People where ever I can,
Actually there is a real problem here that needs to be addressed.
The problem is not so much with foxes but with
*************Those Damned Baby Harp Seals*****************

While the bleeding heart liberals bemoan a little driving practice
with harp seal heads, what they don;'t realize i that in actuallity
the hunters are doing the world a service.

The problem is this:
The harp seals live in the arctic.. Thats right kids , the land
of ice and snow.
Now harp seals being what they are like to eat, and being a
relativly small animal with a fast metabolism they like to
eat often.
This in and of itself is not so bad but the little boogers also
like to shit. Now take a wild guess at what color harp seal shit is?
Hey what a learning curve, thats right brown and black !
Now here is a question for all you animal protecting folks:
What absorbs more solar radiation:
				   Light colors (like snow and ice)
				   Dark colors (like harp seal shit)

Thats right DARK COLRS LIKE HARP SEAL SHIT !

If enough harp seals are allowed to continue doing their foul
dead in the icecap, soon the solar absorbtion factor will increase
to the point where the ice cap will begin to melt
Coastlines under water   cities beneath the sea
rivers overrunning the banks society set back hundreds of years
and why ?
All because harp seal shit and environmentalists

I have long held the thought that a win win situation is
best .... so here goes

Irshad wants to sell the foxes
Greg wants to  save the foxes
Glen wants to wear the foxes
and I am laughing at the foxes

So if we all go north and get in a little harp seal golf
we can
	   get a seal coat for irshad to sell instead of those
	   nasty offensive fox coats
	   save the foxes for greg. Fox shit isn't nearly the
	   problem that seal shit is.
	   take a seal coat out of the wharehouse for glen

	   And as for me
	   I'll just have another cocktail and watch the foxes
	   in the next building.

	Coming soon
	Nuking the whales for baby jesus to save the world
	from communism

tr@wind.UUCP (11/25/87)

In article <143@bacchus.DEC.COM> glenn@decwrl.UUCP (Glenn Thain) writes:
$ [...]
$      Christ Greg, if they're being sold as *coats* you already missed the
$ boat! I suppose you'd rather they sat in a warehouse gathering moths. I
$ seriously doubt that a fox parent is particularly interested in the welfare
$ of their offspring after a certain period. Survival of the fittest and all
                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
$ that.
$
$ [...]

You missed another boat, Glenn.  Whoever coined the phrase "survival
of the fittest" did not mean "might makes right".  It meant those
who are not fit to survive will not live long enough to reproduce
and thus the gene pool will be changed this way.  It is not a
philosophy to justify deliberate behavior of anyone's.

Tom Reingold                    INTERNET:       tr@bellcore.bellcore.com
Bell Communications Research    UUCP:           <backbone>!bellcore!tr
435 South St room 2L350         SOUNDNET:       (201) 829-4622 [work]
Morristown, NJ 07960                            (201) 287-2345 [home]