[talk.bizarre] Always playin' the innocent, eh, Lou ?

era@killer.UUCP (12/01/87)

In <296@galaxy>marco@andromeda.rutgers.edu (the wharf rat) writes:

>> [ Story of the infamous .plan debacle deleted ]
>
>And as to that "hostile pseudo" you keep talking about, all that guy did
>was dare to disagree with you in soc.women

Awww.  The poor li'l innocent.  Just one of the hundreds of poor
li'l innocent men who dared to disagree IN SOC.WOMEN with anything
women might say, be, do, or concern themselves with.  Until
most women abandoned the group and left it to the poor li'l innocent
men who feel it is their right and duty to their sex to tell women what
they may or may not say and how they may or may not say it.

>about your (I'll be polite)

You'll be polite?  Is that a promise?  Seeing as you don't know how,
I won't hold my breath.

>*unusual* ideas concerning women's clothing.

My apologies, Sir.  Obviously you are more qualified to talk
about women's clothing than women.  After all, it is designed to
attract YOU, not for the comfort or dignity of women.  And where
more appropriate for you to tell women what they may or may not wear
than in soc.women?  Excuse me for having butted into your
group, where you were merely doing your duty in telling all women
what you will or will not let them wear.

>When it got obvious that
>soc.women wasn't interested in the discussion, he attempted to move it
>to e-mail.

Ah!  He was obviously wronged.  MEN decide what women want to
discuss, and if for some reason I didn't want to let him tell
me what clothing women should wear in soc.women, he was merely
going to do me a favor and tell me what to do in email.  I see.
Again, my apologies for wounding him deeply by not letting him
tell me what to do, even in email.  How touching that he would show
such consideration for my feelings that if I didn't want to discuss
something with him in soc.women, he would permit me to do so
privately.  Of course it would be unthinkable that I not be
required to discuss with him anything he decided I should discuss.
I must have severe adjustment problems, and I'll certainly seek
help in adapting to any future demands from him that I discuss what
he wishes when and where he wishes.  Of couse such specialized
therapy may be hard to find, so don't hold your breath either.

>*You* responded by posting mega-hundred-line stream-of-
>conciousness
>ramblings accusing him of everything from sending you obscene &&
>threatening
>mail to trying to "force" you to correspond to (get this, folks) tying
>women to sewer pipes, killing them, and grinding them up for dog food.
>(These
>are actual quotes, by the way.  I saved some of these on hardcopy)

No need.  The case where the guy had women chained and killed
them and ground them up for dogfood was in all the newspapers and
you can get hardcopies in any library.  I was merely using it as
an example of why I feel that women should not have to
correspond with anyone they do not wish to, particularly males
who are hostile and who use pseudonyms.  While 99 out of 100 may
be sweet decent guys who think that being hostile behind a pseudo
is a good way to attract women, it only takes one mass murderer
to ruin a woman's whole day.

>And (of course) you cross-posted all of this junk to every newsgroup you
> could think of.

In those days I only posted to and was only subscribed to one
newsgroup, soc.women.  Occasionally, when responding to an
ad hominem attack, I would forget to change the groups line to
eliminate other groups the attacker had crossposted to, but I was
not subscribed to, did not read, and did not post to other groups
at that time.  Actually, I subscribed to and read three groups,
but the other two, soc.politics.arms-d and comp.risks, were moderated.

>Amused by all this, and noting a distinct resemblance between
>Mark V. Chaney && Mark E. Smith, he posted a one-liner questioning
>wether you were an AI, like the other Mark.

A likely story.  I'm sure 90% of the people on usenet will pretend
to believe it.  That 90% represents the MCP males and the
anti-feminist women.  There are several women on the net who feel
that women who aren't here to turn dates should say so, so as not
to interfere with other women's business, that women should be
more supportive of the seven billion dollar a year pornography industry
that is primarily designed to entertain men, that women should never
criticize sadomasochism because criticism denies the rights of those women
who like to be degraded and the rights of those who like to degrade
other women, and interferes with the ability of "dominant" women
to earn a living by being paid to act out male stereotypical
fantasies, and that women should avoid anything that sounds
egalitarian, nontraditional, or liberating because such things are
male and should remain restricted only to males.  So you'll
have lots of defenders, and onlya small handful feminist men and women
might be skeptical, but being so greatly outnumbered, we can
ignore them entirely when not making ad hominem attacks on them
from behind pseudos, or telling them what to do, what to wear, what
to say, and how to say it.

>*THAT* one-line posting is the sum total of the discussion that the
>"hostile
>pseudo" posted.  It ended up in soc.singles because the article he was
>responding to was in soc.singles, where you CROSS POSTED it.

Wrong.  By the time somebody told me that someone was calling
me an AI in soc.singles, there were an entired series of articles,
most posted by the same guy.  Unable to draw me into further
flamefests in soc.women, or email, he kept posting over and over
until several people responded by posted everything they had
lever heard, read, or imagined about me.  Nice folks.  But their
excuse was that they meant no harm, they were merely trying to
prove to the pseudo calling me an AI, that I wasn't.  So their
intentions were good.  And, hopefully, will lead them to
the usual destination.

But the guy hasn't given up.  Obssessive sexual harassers never
give up.  He's still posting 100-liners and still trying to
draw me into flamefests.  It's a compulsion he can't control.
He's not alone, of course.  And I probably shouldn't respond, but
it might interest those who were here at the time to recall
the actual sequence and see how it is continuing.

>So it *wasn't* maliciousness
>that led him to post there, was it ?

Not in HIS mind.  Men are always well-intentioned, never mean any
harm, it was always either an attempt to "help," or at worst
a harmless joke, and anyway, nobody can ever prove or pin
anything on them, so what does it matter.  If women don't like
being hassled, that's too damned bad now, isn't it?  It just
happens to be every man's right to hassle any woman he wants to
any time, way and place he wants to and those frigid manhating
feminists who seem to want respect or some such silly
thing, just don't realize that being a real woman involves
relinquishing all aspirations to dignity and devoting yourself
to doing whatever men want at all times.  No harm in that is there?

>And he never sent you threatening,
>obscene or any mail at all except for the one attempt to move an
>inapropriate line of discussion to email.  And the disgusting "mail" you
>forwarded to hoxna!root with all that stupid talk about lawsuits was an
>utter forgery, wasn't it ?

Quite possibly.  Although many people have suggested sending
email to SA's when being harassed, I've alwasy assumed the harasser
*is* the SA, so it never seemed worthwhile to me to waste my time.

>"Incessant, uncontrolable harrasement" my ASS!

Let's leave your thinking apparatus out of it, since you don't
seem to use it except to flame.

>And how do I know this ?? Because *I* was that "hostile pseudo", you
>shmuck !!

Yes, some people told me the pseudo was probably Lou Marco, but,
of course, there was no way to prove it, since he only uses his
real name on postings he isn't ashamed of, and his attacks on
me apparently didn't come under that category.  Also, when he
posts to soc.women, he uses the pseudo.  You know, soc.women--
sort of like a cathouse where you prefer to use a pseudo anyway
if you're going to associate with inferior beings.  Of course
you're only there to tell them what to wear and what to do and to
have them please you, but it still seems like something better done
under a pseudo.

Your original problem with me was something I said about the
space shuttle, Lou.  Check out this month's Reader's Digest.  :-)

--Mark

wes@ukecc.UUCP (12/02/87)

In article <2270@killer.UUCP>, era@killer.UUCP (Mark E. Smith) writes:
> In <296@galaxy>marco@andromeda.rutgers.edu (the wharf rat) writes:
>
>  [massive amounts of flaming by both sides deleted to save space, time
>   and my lunch]

WHOA! Nice shootin', Tex!

While I love to see quality flaming as much as the next guy, this is not
the place.  This is talk.bizarre, and flaming is the ad hoc standard for
the net.  Since it's the standard, we certainly don't want it here!!!

By the way.... 8^>

Wes

--
Wes Morgan     UUCP: !{rutgers, rayssd, uunet, cbosgd}!ukma!ukecc!wes
NISP        ARPANET: wes@engr.uky.edu        BITNET: wes%ukecc.uucp@ukma