[talk.bizarre] OK, Smith, you asked for it...

ldm@homxc.UUCP (12/02/87)

In article <2270@killer.UUCP>, era@killer.UUCP (Mark E. Smith) writes:

> Occasionally, when responding to an
> ad hominem attack, I would forget to change the groups line to
> eliminate other groups the attacker had crossposted to,

	Hey, Mark, since you're so confused about this "ad hominem"
stuff, I'll explain the difference:

	Suppose I wanted to respond to someone's posting on, say, something
that happened 8 or 9 months ago on Usenet.  If I wanted to be polite, and
attempt to increase the informational content in the newsgroup I was refering
to, I might say something like:

	Gee, I think you're mistaken.  It didn't happen that way, and I know
I'm not the only one who remembers it.

	But if I was using that "ad hominem" stuff, I might say :

	Look here, asshole, that's a lie and you, me, && the man in the
moon know it.  You're nothing but a malicious little prick who's more
interested in playing "Uproar" than in doing anything useful.

	See the difference ?

> Wrong.  By the time somebody told me that someone was calling
> me an AI in soc.singles, there were an entired series of articles,
> most posted by the same guy.  Unable to draw me into further
> flamefests in soc.women, or email, he kept posting over and over

	Gee, I think you're mistaken.  It didn't happen that way, and
I know I'm not the only one who remembers it.  If I didn't realize that
you would never conciously make up stories about people and spread them
around with the hope of making everyone feel sorry for your tough life,
I'd say that you were a malicious little prick whose more interested in
telling lies and playing Uproar than in anything else, except maybe building
up their ego by convincing themselves that no one ever ever had it soooooo
tough....    But of course I know that you're only mis-remembering, and would
never imply that you fit this description.

> But the guy hasn't given up.  Obssessive sexual harassers never
> give up.  He's still posting 100-liners and still trying to
> draw me into flamefests.  It's a compulsion he can't control.

	Oh, horse manure, Mark.  I held my tongue for 8 months, but
your stupid whining about "hostile psuedos" and how the well, chinet,
etc. are such fascist pigs finally ticked me off.  That, and I discovered
alt.flame, where this is all appropriate.

> Yes, some people told me the pseudo was probably Lou Marco, but,
> [...] he uses the pseudo. [...]  use a pseudo [...] under a pseudo.

	Ahh, go fly a kite, bozo.  I've been the wharf rat ever since
1983.  What's this "psuedo" stuff, anyway ?  For all I know, the entire
Usenet is a Turing machine over at Indian Hill, and I'm talking to myself.
(By the way, Mark, I just called you an AI again)

> Your original problem with me was something I said about the
> space shuttle, Lou.

	Yeah, anybody remember that one?  This Smith person, then
reason@chinet, posted this 200 line message about how NASA deliberately
crashed the shuttle because it wanted to kill the female and black
astronauts on board, and how all the White Male Fascists should all be
very happy, because now they can say "Minorities shouldn't go to space,
they can't fly the damn things anyway".  Jesus, Mark, you're really out
on the hairy edge sometimes, ain't ya ?
                                                         W.rat