[talk.bizarre] MIDIMAZE/other uses..was RE: Amiga and MIDI

In article <280@stag.UUCP> trb@stag.UUCP ( Todd Burkey ) writes:
>In article <6946@ccicpg.UUCP> harald@ccicpg.UUCP ( Harald Milne) writes:
>> [a bunch of ASSinine tripe about why HE is right and everyone else
>>  stupid...unless they like Amiga...]

Oh no. I have an Amiga, and Harald thinks I'm pretty stupid.

>Great technical discussion there, Harald...Glad to hear that all your
>friends smoke dope...am sure they are pleased :-).

Damn! I knew I should have cultivated Harald's friendship when I had the chance.

>Just so people don't get
>the wrong idea about MIDI-MAZE (rumor is that it will be out for Amiga).
>I do happen to have hunt on my Unix Box here (Symmetrics 375) and it
>isn't anything like midi-maze. If you want to go back in your source
>archives a year or so, you will see a program called MAZEWAR (early
>PARC days). I know it has been upgraded to run on Xwindows and it is
>more like Midi-maze (graphics, real perspective, etc). But even
>mazewar doesn't come close to midi-maze. Course, even amiga people
>will have to haul their computers over to friends houses.

Well, shoot. Do we tell 'em now ? Aw hell, might as well.

Well, the REAL reason there isn't s MIDI port on the Amiga, is because
it would have interfered with PSI-net (tm), the telepathic network
driver developed by Sunny Kirsten. So you see, Amiga people don't need
to shuttle their machines around in the cold and snow just to play silly
games.

Oooooooooommmm.

>I can only hook one extra terminal
>up to my ST (my Wyse while in the Multi-tasking C-Shell), but that is
>really only useful for editting and compiling...I can't hook other
>graphics tubes up (and doubt I would ever care to). I wasn't ever able
>to get my Wyse working as a terminal on the Amiga.

Well thats it. The ultimate reason to buy an Atari ST.

You can hook up a Wyse terminal to it.

>  -Todd Burkey

"Have a nice winter"

--
"Well they say, that Santa Fe, is more, than 90 miles away"

UUCP: {ihnp4!crash, hplabs!hp-sdd!crash}!gryphon!richard
INET: richard@gryphon.CTS.COM

legare@ut-emx.UUCP (BoB teCh) (12/17/87)

richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) patiently explains:

> Well, the REAL reason there isn't s MIDI port on the Amiga, is because
> it would have interfered with PSI-net (tm), the telepathic network
> driver developed by Sunny Kirsten. So you see, Amiga people don't need
> to shuttle their machines around in the cold and snow just to play silly
> games.
>
> Oooooooooommmm.

there HAS been a bug found in PSInet v. 1.3
to wit: the system will function only if all Amiga users believe it exists.
now, we've got a couple Amigai here in the lab, and.. well...

i don't believe it.

<crash>
<maim>

<sound of Sunny Kirsten being outraged>

wups.

BoB
teCh
real man use computers without graphics.
REAL real man use computers without terminals!
REAL REAL real <gak>