[talk.bizarre] my keyboard rattles

My Amiga 1000 keyboard has had a wierd rattle ever since I got it.

It's been getting flakey lately, and prying the phone jack contacts
to make better contact with the connector didn't seem to help.

I took it apart, and what did I find ?

One of the small screws holding the tinplate shield was 90% unscrewed.

And a marijuana seed.

Ahem.

I thought the keyboards were made in Taiwan, not Los Gatos.

--
          "Well, they say that Santa Fe is less than 90 miles away"

  richard@gryphon.CTS.COM || {ihnp4!crash, hplabs!hp-sdd!crash}!gryphon!richard

turpin@ut-sally.UUCP (Russell Turpin) (12/22/87)

In article <2661@gryphon.CTS.COM>, richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
> My Amiga 1000 keyboard has had a wierd rattle ever since I got it.
> I took it apart, and what did I find ?
> One of the small screws holding the tinplate shield was 90% unscrewed.
> And a marijuana seed.

Was it still viable?

Russell

bobmon@iuvax.UUCP (Bobmon) (12/23/87)

richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>My Amiga 1000 keyboard has had a wierd rattle ever since I got it.
>  [...]  I took it apart, and what did I find ?
>One of the small screws holding the tinplate shield was 90% unscrewed.
>And a marijuana seed.
>
>Ahem.

I betcha within 12 months somebody'll offer an MSDOS emulation for that there
seed.
It'll probably be mentholated tobacco.

Amen.

---
"The only thing we learn from history is how to make the same mistakes better."