[talk.bizarre] Dumb Posting

troly@CS.UCLA.EDU (01/02/88)

Some people claim that my postings are dumb. Ha! That's because you've never
seen a *truly dumb* (tm) posting. Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present
THE DUMBEST POSTING EVER, outshining even Mark Ethan Smith!

>kanov@bimacs.BITNET (Mechael Kanovsky) wrote:
>
>>>	   The interesting thing is that many Jews celebrate
>>>	the birthday of a person (Jesus) in whose name more Jews
>>>	were killed than all the Jews that existed under the Nazi regime.
>>>	All the pogroms, all the crusades, and a very substantial
>>>	ammount of antisematism till today was/is done for his name.
>>>	The difference being that Hitler died 40 years ago while Jesus
>>>	died 2000 years ago.

So you think Jesus was some sort of eonazi???  THIS IS REALLY STUPID.
Besides going against everything the guy said, Jesus was a *Jew* for
Christ's sake! Also according to the tale of the Syro-Phoenician Greek
woman (or Caananite woman, depending on the Gospel chosen) his ministry
was primarily to Jews; Gentiles were "dogs receiving the scraps from their
master's table". I could go on, but Kanovsky's posting flames itself.

Incidentally, before you point your flamethrowers in the wrong direction,
I am neither Christian nor Jew, and I have no theological axe to grind.

This is cross-posted to talk.bizarre because it's the most bizarre thing I've
seen in a long time. Kanovsky's original posting was in soc.culture.jewish
(don't ask me what I was doing reading that group, I have no idea! :^) )

-Bret