[talk.bizarre] HELP WANTED on UUCP for the Amiga

Some things really do make your jaw drop.

Where do we start ?

>In article <000@amy.UUCP> amy!hansel@oberon.usc.edu writes:

Ok, how bout this. Article <000@amy.UUCP> writes.

Ok, somebody went and got 'amy' as a site name. Aha, and this is
article <000>.  Hope that software there bumps up that article number
Steve.

>In the past few weeks I have seen several inquiries about uucp for the Amiga.

Well, no surprise there eh ?  You get a floppy based amiga working
on the net and people get curious.

>Some friends and I are currently working on a Network Communications Package
>for the Amiga.  We plan for this package to include the following:

[bunch of stuff deleted]

>When we have this entire package complete, it will be posted.

In time for my birthday ? (May)

>	Steve Hansel

Steeve. Old buddy old pal. I remember you.

I can see it now. Harv.CTS.COM. ewhac.UUCP...

Before, we were all rich rosen. Now we are all sites.

Any good sitenames anybody ?

>	rutgers!marque!gryphon!amy!hansel

Decent path, I must say.

--
      "...and before too long I might, see those flashing red lights"
                          richard@gryphon.CTS.COM

waynet@mongo.uucp (Wayne Thompson) (01/28/88)

How about MyAMI for a site name?

ram@elmgate.UUCP (Randy Martens) (01/28/88)

In article <2283@gryphon.CTS.COM>
  richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>Any good sitenames anybody ?
>      "...and before too long I might, see those flashing red lights"
>                          richard@gryphon.CTS.COM
>   {ihnp4!scgvaxd!cadovax, philabs!cadovax, codas!ddsw1} gryphon!richard

Actually gryphon is not a bad one, but I rather like mine.
You see, I usually read mail, postnews etc through my local gateway,
which is elmagte.  But that's not my site name.  All the stuff
gets forwarded to my local site.  So all this stuff gets to go to ...

... Hades .

You can even send the mail there directly if you want, but if you leave
off the last hop, it will still get there .

so the full path is (wherever)!rochester!kodak!elmgate!hades!ram

BTW, I also like "mind" and "splut".  Those are my othere two favorite names.

--
* Randy Martens @ rochester!kodak!elmgate!ram
* "You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike."

ejablow@dasys1.UUCP (Eric Robert Jablow) (02/02/88)

I've been setting up a site for my math department that we call the
scandal set: fawn, jessica, and donna (three Sun computers).  We expect
to name our next machine ollie, or perhaps gary, or whatever the next
scandal is.  So, I'd be ejablow@fawn.jessica.sunysb.edu.  YAY!
--
Eric Jablow                      {allegra,philabs,cmcl2}!phri\
Big Electric Cat Public Unix           {bellcore,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!ejablow

greg@mind.UUCP (Greg Nowak) (02/02/88)

In article <2805@dasys1.UUCP> ejablow@dasys1.UUCP (Eric Robert Jablow) writes:
}I've been setting up a site for my math department that we call the
}scandal set: fawn, jessica, and donna (three Sun computers).  We expect
}to name our next machine ollie, or perhaps gary, or whatever the next
}scandal is.  So, I'd be ejablow@fawn.jessica.sunysb.edu.  YAY!

Does jessica go down a lot?

Had to be said--

                              greg

john@frog.UUCP (John Woods, Software) (02/03/88)

In article <866@elmgate.UUCP>, ram@elmgate.UUCP (Randy Martens) writes:
> In article <2283@gryphon.CTS.COM>
>   richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
> >Any good sitenames anybody ?
> Actually gryphon is not a bad one, but I rather like mine.
> ... Hades .

The site I read news on is entitled:	X
They made me take it out of the UUCP listing years ago, since it was "too
short to be unique."  Yet no other site had or has a one-letter name...

--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (617) 626-1101
...!decvax!frog!john, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw@eddie.mit.edu

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
		-- Johnny Hart

In article <33393@mongo.uucp>, waynet@mongo.uucp (Wayne Thompson) writes:
> How about MyAMI for a site name?

Sorry, we already took that. Our two uupc-ed Amigas are "miami" and "argent".
"myami" would be a bit confusing.
--
-- Peter da Silva  `-_-'  ...!hoptoad!academ!uhnix1!sugar!peter
-- Disclaimer: These U aren't mere opinions... these are *values*.