[talk.bizarre] guitar audio signals

jeffw@midas.TEK.COM (Jeff Winslow) (02/11/88)

In article <502@m10ux.UUCP> rgr@m10ux.UUCP (Duke Robillard) writes:

>Do turntables put out the same  audio signal as electric guitars?

Not if you put on a Beethoven symphony, they don't.

couldn't resist...

			Jeff {who knows?} Winslow

PS. Followups have been redirected to talk.bizarre.

lae@pedsga.UUCP (02/19/88)

In article <2514@midas.TEK.COM> jeffw@midas.UUCP (Jeff Winslow) writes:
>In article <502@m10ux.UUCP> rgr@m10ux.UUCP (Duke Robillard) writes:
>
>>Do turntables put out the same  audio signal as electric guitars?
>
>Not if you put on a Beethoven symphony, they don't.
>
>couldn't resist...

After observing that the signal amplitudes were about the same
I used to plug a pickup into the tape inputs of my stereo when I
wanted to record from my acoustic.  It worked just fine, and no
damage to the stereo occurred.
Some turntables put out a lower power signal-- if you need a
preamp you have one of them.  You should have no problem plugging
it into a guitar amp.

*      Testing .signature...                                          *
*      1 2  buckle my shoe                                            *