[talk.bizarre] Unscientific Americans

rissa@ddsw1.UUCP (Patricia O Tuama) (02/23/88)

It's not the things you do that tease and hurt me bad
oops oops
that's not what I wanted to say bere.

I remember now.

What I REALLY WANTED to say was this:  what is it with those
people at "Scientific American" anyway?  Is March 1988 supposed
to be their "swimsuit issue" or what?

				Debby Harried

"critical ratio of fat to lean mass is important to fecundity"
I mean give me a break here, guys

ekwok@cadev4.intel.com (Edward C. Kwok) (02/25/88)

In article <777@ddsw1.UUCP> rissa@ddsw1.UUCP (Patricia O Tuama) writes:

>What I REALLY WANTED to say was this:  what is it with those
>people at "Scientific American" anyway?  Is March 1988 supposed
>to be their "swimsuit issue" or what?
>
>				Debby Harried

Are you telling me that the March issue is talking about "strings"?

kent@xanth.cs.odu.edu (Kent Paul Dolan) (02/26/88)

In article <777@ddsw1.UUCP> rissa@ddsw1.UUCP (Patricia O Tuama) writes:
>It's not the things you do that tease and hurt me bad

	The date is _off_; that crack about older men hurt my feelings;
	I'm going back to Catalina and accept the adoration of the
	halter top and short-shorts cut off jeans crowd to drown my
	sorrow in beautiful downtown Avalon.

>oops oops

	Too late to beg; quick to anger, slow to forgive, that's my
	motto.

>that's not what I wanted to say bere.

	Here, bere, everywhere, when you bruise my ego, I'm blue for
	weeks afterwards.

>I remember now.

	Rub two neurons together, already you've exceeded Trisha's
	resources by 100%.

>What I REALLY WANTED to say was this:  what is it with those
>people at "Scientific American" anyway?  Is March 1988 supposed
>to be their "swimsuit issue" or what?

	You haven't been playing "find the nude in Newsweek" recently,
	have you.  Sex sells, and Scientific American has been having
	trouble attracting ad revenues recently.  That mag used to be
	twice as thick.

>				Debby Harried

	Star of "Beach Blanket Bimbo's", chairperson of "do all your
	dissipating while you're young", ltd.

>"critical ratio of fat to lean mass is important to fecundity"
>I mean give me a break here, guys

	Well, my soon-to-be-ex managed to pork up to about twenty
	stone before I took to sleeping on the couch, but look
	sideways at the pill bottle for a couple days, and another
	mewler nine months later, right on schedule.

	Besides, it's not a year since the study showing that men
	think women are sexy looking five pounds heavier than the
	women think they should be.  Maybe we know something?

Kent, the (certifiably fertile, and skinny as hell, go figure) man
from xanth.

scm@gtx.com (Sue Miller) (02/27/88)

In article <1761@mipos3.intel.com> ekwok@cadev4.UUCP (Edward C. Kwok) writes:
-In article <777@ddsw1.UUCP> rissa@ddsw1.UUCP (Patricia O Tuama) writes:
->
->What I REALLY WANTED to say was this:  what is it with those
->people at "Scientific American" anyway?  Is March 1988 supposed
->to be their "swimsuit issue" or what?
->
->				Debby Harried
->
-Are you telling me that the March issue is talking about "strings"?

  I'm a frayed knot!!

~   Sue Miller   {ihnp4,cbosgd,decvax,hplabs,seismo}!sun!sunburn!gtx!scm ~