[talk.bizarre] Dead dog standing in the middle of the road...

mack@inco.UUCP (Dave Mack) (02/19/88)

In article <2246@geac.UUCP> sigrid@geac.UUCP (Sigrid Grimm) writes:
>In an article posted to rec.humor, (Oh what a silly oaf) writes, in response
>to someone else's suggestion:
>
>>>  "Dog-standing" is an obscure sport practiced in Appalachia.  When you
>>>  spot a dead dog beside a lonely road, stop, ...
>>    Foo!
>>    ... and nail the dog's feet to the road, with the dog standing up.
>>    Then watch people go apeshit ...

>of thing but this is too much ... I don't mean to sound like I'm dripping with
>overly-sensitive sentiment but honestly, somewhere out there might be a kid --
>Billy, and his dad, out looking for Lucky their pet dog who has grown up with
>Billy and been a long-time friend to the family ... Imagine the kid's horror
>when they find their dog nailed to the road??? I could just imagine my own
>horror at finding one of our fellow earthling creatures -- dead or not,
>treated like this for the sake of a good laugh .... how nauseating ...
>
>Some people got no respect.
>
>Sigrid
>
>p.s., so go ahead flame me if you must ...

Of course, Sigrid is correct.

It would be much more entertaining to nail little Billy's feet to the
road. Probably wouldn't stay upright though. We'd probably have to do
it while he was still alive.

As an alternative, how about pouring a large puddle of contact cement
in a crosswalk? Eventually, something should get stuck in it.

Love and kisses,
Vlad

--
  		Dave Mack	Master of BizZen
  McDonnell Douglas-Inco, Inc. 		DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed

In article <1360@inco.UUCP> mack@inco.UUCP (Dave Mack) writes:

>Of course, Sigrid is correct.
>
>It would be much more entertaining to nail little Billy's feet to the
>road. Probably wouldn't stay upright though. We'd probably have to do
>it while he was still alive.
>
>As an alternative, how about pouring a large puddle of contact cement
>in a crosswalk? Eventually, something should get stuck in it.

Why do you think they don't sell crazy glue in 5 gallon cans ?

--
    "Each morning when I wake up to rise, I'm living in a dreamland"
                          richard@gryphon.CTS.COM

robinson@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu (Michael Robinson) (02/20/88)

In article <2641@gryphon.CTS.COM> richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>In article <1360@inco.UUCP> mack@inco.UUCP (Dave Mack) writes:
>>
>>As an alternative, how about pouring a large puddle of contact cement
>>in a crosswalk? Eventually, something should get stuck in it.
>
>Why do you think they don't sell crazy glue in 5 gallon cans ?

They don't sell Crazy Glue (tm) in 5 gallon cans, but anyone with a brain
would be able to figure out where to buy 1 gallon cans of cyano-acrylate
(Crazy Glue (tm), for those who can't read labels).

Extrapolating from Crazy Glue (tm) television advertising, a gallon of
cyano-acrylate ought to be just about enough to glue a Boeing 747 to the
bottom of a steel girder.

Just think of the possibilities.

Michael Robinson                              USENET:  ucbvax!ernie!robinson
                                              ARPA: robinson@ernie.berkeley.edu

nj@ndmath.UUCP ( * ) (02/20/88)

In article <23055@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>, robinson@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu (Michael Robinson) writes:

> They don't sell Crazy Glue (tm) in 5 gallon cans, but anyone with a brain
> would be able to figure out where to buy 1 gallon cans of cyano-acrylate
> (Crazy Glue (tm), for those who can't read labels).

I believe that if you actually read the label, you would find that the
trademark is in fact "Krazy Glue(tm)."

One of us, sir, is an ignorant cretin.

legare@ut-emx.UUCP (BoB teCh) (02/20/88)

In article <995@ndmath.UUCP>, nj@ndmath.UUCP ( * ) writes:
> In article <23055@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>, robinson@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu (Michael Robinson) writes:
> >
> > They don't sell Crazy Glue (tm) in 5 gallon cans, but anyone with a brain
> > would be able to figure out where to buy 1 gallon cans of cyano-acrylate
> > (Crazy Glue (tm), for those who can't read labels).
>
> I believe that if you actually read the label, you would find that the
> trademark is in fact "Krazy Glue(tm)."
>
> One of us, sir, is an ignorant cretin.

narisco <which rhymes with nabisco, conquisto, jarisco which is the name of
a bar down here, and lettuce>, there MUST be more than one ignoant cretin on
the net, otherwise this hollowed hall whouldn't exist, right?

expand yer horizons,
expand your visions,
and get better parking space!

join the church of the Big Pillow today!

In article <890@ut-emx.UUCP> legare@ut-emx.UUCP (BoB teCh) writes:
>In article <995@ndmath.UUCP>, nj@ndmath.UUCP ( * ) writes:
>>
>> I believe that if you actually read the label, you would find that the
>> trademark is in fact "Krazy Glue(tm)."
>>
>> One of us, sir, is an ignorant cretin.
>
>narisco <which rhymes with nabisco, conquisto, jarisco which is the name of
>a bar down here, and lettuce>, there MUST be more than one ignoant cretin on
>the net, otherwise this hollowed hall whouldn't exist, right?

... the one that isn't Steve Creps running on the Vax 8650 running Ultrix
2.0-1 at Indiana University.

--

kenchiu@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Kenneth Chiu) (02/25/88)

In article <23055@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> robinson@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu.UUCP (Michael Robinson) writes:
>Extrapolating from Crazy Glue (tm) television advertising, a gallon of
>cyano-acrylate ought to be just about enough to glue a Boeing 747 to the
>bottom of a steel girder.
>
>Just think of the possibilities.

Peace activists could glue themselves to the pavement instead of just
sitting there like a bunch of weenies.  If you want to stop a train
carrying nuclear weapons, glue it to the rails, then glue yourself to the
train, all glued together.

john@frog.UUCP (John Woods, Software) (02/26/88)

In article <890@ut-emx.UUCP>, legare@ut-emx.UUCP (BoB teCh) writes:

> expand yer horizons,
> expand your visions,
> and get better parking space!
>
> join the church of the Big Pillow today!

No no!  Kent is only running for PRESIDENT.  Not God.

Yet.

That comes after the revo-%^$&&%R&^* MMPH!

--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (617) 626-1101
...!decvax!frog!john, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw@eddie.mit.edu

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
		-- Johnny Hart

kent@xanth.cs.odu.edu (Kent Paul Dolan) (02/27/88)

In article <1833@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> kenchiu@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Kenneth Chiu) writes:
>In article <23055@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> robinson@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu.UUCP (Michael Robinson) writes:
>>Extrapolating from Crazy Glue (tm) television advertising, a gallon of
>>cyano-acrylate ought to be just about enough to glue a Boeing 747 to the
>>bottom of a steel girder.
>>
>>Just think of the possibilities.
>
>Peace activists could glue themselves to the pavement instead of just
>sitting there like a bunch of weenies.  If you want to stop a train
>carrying nuclear weapons, glue it to the rails, then glue yourself to the
>train, all glued together.

Yeah, and if the train gets loose, you can save some leftover to glue
your legs back on.

Kent, the (I wanna drumstick, hold the cyano-acrylate) man from xanth.

In article <2092@frog.UUCP> john@frog.UUCP (John Woods, Software) writes:
>In article <890@ut-emx.UUCP>, legare@ut-emx.UUCP (BoB teCh) writes:
>>
>> expand yer horizons,
>> expand your visions,
>> and get better parking space!
>>
>> join the church of the Big Pillow today!
>

>No no!  Kent is only running for PRESIDENT.  Not God.
>
>Yet.
>
>That comes after the revo-%^$&&%R&^* MMPH!
>
>--
>John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (617) 626-1101
>...!decvax!frog!john, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw@eddie.mit.edu
>
>"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
>eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
>business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
>		-- Johnny Hart

John,
	You gotta BIG MOUTH, guy.  Mum's the word, remember?
Kent, the man from xanth.

>In article <23055@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>
>robinson@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu.UUCP (Michael Robinson) writes:

>Peace activists could glue themselves to the pavement instead of just
>sitting there like a bunch of weenies.  If you want to stop a train
>carrying nuclear weapons, glue it to the rails, then glue yourself to
>the train, all glued together.

Actually, thermite is a much better thing to use in this case than
krazy glue.

Many years ago, a trolley used to run in front of Killian Court at
MIT.  When the city announced that the trolley line was going to be
shut down and the trolley retired, a few MIT students decided to play
a little trick on the city....

When the trolley stopped at the MIT stop, about fifty students began
delaying its departure by entering it at the front, getting change for
a dollar (or some such thing.... I'm not sure of the exact details),
walking out the back and entering at the front again.  During this
time, other student placed thermite between the tracks and the
trolley's wheels.

When the thermite was in place, it was set off.  The trolley was
permanently welded to the tracks, and the city had to cut the tracks
up and bring in a crane to remove it.

And there weren't even any pacifists involved!  :-)

 -=> Jonathan I. Kamens | "There is no expedient to which man will not go
     MIT '91            |  to avoid the real labor of thought."
     jik@ATHENA.MIT.EDU |                          -- Thomas Alva Edison

robinson@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu (Michael Robinson) (03/01/88)

In article <3312@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> jik@athena.mit.edu (Jonathan I. Kamens) writes:

In case there was any confusion, I did not write the included text below.  The
actual author was Kenneth Chiu (kenchui@phoenix.Princeton.edu).

Firesign@cup.portal.com (03/11/88)

ael Robinson) writes:
>Extrapolating from Crazy Glue (tm) television advertising, a gallon of
>cyano-acrylate ought to be just about enough to glue a Boeing 747 to the
>bottom of a steel girder.
>
>Just think of the possibilities.

Peace activists could glue themselves to the pavement instead of just
sitting there like a bunch of weenies.  If you want to stop a train
carrying nuclear weapons, glue it to the rails, then glue yourself to the
train, all glued together.
yeah..n then they can glue old brian wutzhisnames legs back on
geez..if i hear one more thing about that damn train..im gonna
puke on YOUR terminal