[talk.bizarre] Hypocrisy

COK@PSUVMA.BITNET (R. W. F. Clark) (03/30/88)

In article <136@ccd700.UUCP> jim@ccd700.UUCP (J. Sitek) 'writes':

>Do you have a problem with
>the way I administer my system?  Too bad.  *I* am a system administrator.

Really, I have no problem with the way you administer your system.
What offends me about you is how you like , to quote yourself:

$       . . .viciously attacking someone whom they have never met, simply
$       because this person dares to hold opinions which differ from
$       theirs, they prove that concepts such as freedom of speech, and
$       personal liberty have no meaning to them.

I find it particularly amusing that you mewl and whine about the
attacks you receive, when your original article was a completely
unfounded attack on the talk.* and soc.* groups and anyone posting
to them.  Again, I don't really _care_ what you do on your pathetic
little leaf-of-a-leaf, I just don't really care to be insulted for
not being involved and ecstatic about it.

>Are you?  I doubt it because if you were, you would realize that there is
>more to the job than simply making sure that self centered *users* like
>yourself can read the bizarroids. Grow up, kid.  If you do, you will

Of course, this situation is reversed when applied to administrators.

To wit, another article by our dear Mr. Sitek:

In article <144@ccd700.UUCP> jim@ccd700.UUCP (J. Sitek) writes:
[In Newsgroup: rec.sport.baseball, by the way]

$I hope that you mean respectively.  Gibson certainly won't help the
$Dodgers defensively.  I think he had *two* assists all last year.
$
$Jim

Of course, you're an *ADMINISTRATOR*.  *ADMINISTRATORS* can do
whatever they damn well please, because they are *ADMINISTRATORS*
And you like _baseball_, a good, clean, Commie-hating, red-blooded
American game.  You're not like those damn talk.bizarre readers,
subversive hackers everyoneofthem, who actually prefer postings
with a whit of wit to them to drivel about who Yogi Berra's
sleeping with lately.

>discover that "anarchy, creative thought and ... VOLUME", as you interpret
>them, are nothing more than collegiate buzz-words, and there is a big
>bad, corporate world out there that doesn't have time for your shit.

Yeah!  The big bad corporate world is into _this_ shit:

In article <145@ccd700.UUCP> jim@ccd700.UUCP (J. Sitek) writes:

$Heard this on the news this morning:
$
$The Toronto Blue Jays are looking to trade George Bell.  Possible deals
$mentioned were to the Yankees for Winfield, and to the Orioles for Cal
$Ripken (thats junior).  I find it kind of hard to believe that Toronto
$would trade Bell within the division.  But, if they do go after Ripken,
$does this mean that Fernandez's elbow is not coming around?
$
$Enquiring minds want to know!
$
$Jim

Mr. Sitek, I do believe you've provided for us, in your position
as your own prosecuting attorney, enough evidence to have you
branded with the words:  "I am a hypocritical moron with all
the ethics of a Greater Seattle Tiger Slug."

Thank you for your wonderful case against yourself.
-------
cok%psuvma@psuvax1.psu.edu "We'll dispense with graphic presentations.|Vote
UUCP:. . .rutgers!psuvax1!  Er, you will pose as Exhibit A, Gridley." |Kent
psuvma.BITNET!cok                  Jackeen J. O'Malley                |in '88