[talk.bizarre] The Describe Comp.Protocols.Tcp-Ip.Eniac In 50 Characters or Less Contest

webber@aramis.rutgers.edu (Bob Webber) (03/31/88)

So far I have recieved only two entries in

     The Describe Comp.Protocols.Tcp-Ip.Eniac Contest

1)   ENIAC and clones, real world connections.

2)   Discussions of protocols using vacuum assisted dead machines

Come on people.  You aren't really trying.  Remember that the winning
description will be submitted for inclusion in the Usenet group
description list which has been published and translated more times
than the Bible.  This is a major shot for immortality.  GO FOR IT.

To remind everyone what the basic situation is, let me reiterate:
Voting started on March 6th and will end on April 6th.  Currently the
vote stands at about 161 in favour and 47 against.  Please continue to
send in your yes votes.  Besides showing support for a good cause,
prizes will be awarded for ...
     5) special award for best suggested entry for news group description list
        (must be limited to 50 ascii characters -- only alphabetic characters
         and space can be used).

Note: according to Federal Statute:
         a) only one vote per user can be counted
         b) votes not recieved can not be counted
         c) votes recieved after 7:30 a.m. on 6 Apr 88 can not be counted
         d) only people who send in yes votes are eligible for prize #5

Remember, send votes and comp.protocols.tcp-ip.eniac description suggestions
to:

--- BOB (webber@aramis.rutgers.edu ; rutgers!aramis.rutgers.edu!webber)

p.s., for most reliable mail delivery, use your systems mail program
and not its news software.

p.p.s., if you missed the original news group proposal, it is
available upon request from the above address as well, but hurry -
time is running out and it may not find its way back.

How bout: "The newsgroup for the rest of us"

or newsfroup

i dont care

--
         "Ever since the world ended... I don't go out as much"
   richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                  rutgers!marque!gryphon!richard

legare@ut-emx.UUCP (Dr. Robert Tech) (04/01/88)

In article <Mar.31.08.16.43.1988.23754@aramis.rutgers.edu>, webber@aramis.rutgers.edu (Bob Webber) writes:

> So far I have recieved only two entries in
>
>      The Describe Comp.Protocols.Tcp-Ip.Eniac Contest
>
> 1)   ENIAC and clones, real world connections.
>
> 2)   Discussions of protocols using vacuum assisted dead machines
>
> Come on people.  You aren't really trying.  Remember that the winning
> description will be submitted for inclusion in the Usenet group
> description list which has been published and translated more times
> than the Bible.  This is a major shot for immortality.  GO FOR IT.

how's this:

"Discussions of pertinant interest to the usage of vacuum-assisted machines,
paranomasia, culinary skills, and the occasional thumbtack. (Moderated but
the guy rarely calls anymore)."

BoB
teCh

dave@leo.UUCP ( Dave Hill) (04/03/88)

In article <Mar.31.08.16.43.1988.23754@aramis.rutgers.edu>, webber@aramis.rutgers.edu (Bob Webber) writes:

> So far I have recieved only two entries in
>
>      The Describe Comp.Protocols.Tcp-Ip.Eniac Contest
>
> 1)   ENIAC and clones, real world connections.
>
> 2)   Discussions of protocols using vacuum assisted dead machines
>
> Come on people.  You aren't really trying.

Like not enough entries or not enough originality?

Me, I like #2.  It has verve and spirit and a certain... something.

Probly 5 or 6 french words would describe it but hey, I just do hardware.

	Dave

--
			 99    /\