[talk.bizarre] Incremental BPCPL 63-84.

kent@xanth.cs.odu.edu (Kent Paul Dolan) (04/28/88)

In article <1526@gumby.cs.wisc.edu> grgurich@gumby.cs.wisc.edu (Matthew Grgurich) writes:
>Matt Grgurich
>
>P.S., HEY Kent! my forgery made your list but *I* didn't!

| Meta-posting discussion:
|Again, cross-posted but with followups directed back to talk.bizarre
|to prevent an out-of control cross-posting series.
|
|If you can't followup there, email me your input, clearly marked as
|for further distribution, and it will show up, original or digested,
|somewhere in the Birthright Party papers.
|
|Consider this smaller posting a mild compromise.  Bets it gets
|unmercifully flamed anyway?  Also bet the flames pass the original in
|volume in the first week, all complaining about excessive volume.
|Takers?

OK, looks like it is time to at least let the new folks know who ended
up where, and what cute stuff was in the pledge letters.  A broader
posting to follow when we cross #100, or I get bored waiting.

#63 From: Susie Home-Maker <taylor>
    (Secretary of Education Nominee)
    [Actually Sarah Lenore Fischer, a friend at Unisys from the long
    ago days when I was occasionally sane, using a friend's local
    account.  kpd]

    Gee whiz!  Here I was wondering what black hole you'd dropped into
    and just by accident I see your pledge list posted on comp.misc !
    Now if you can only beat out Jessie Jackson!
    Onward and Upward with the Birthright Party!    Lenore
    P.S.  Robert Heinlein would approve!

#64 From: ucbvax!mwm (Mike Meyer)
    [NSA Director Nominee]
    Come to think of it - promise me the directorship of the NSA, and
    I'll vote for you. But send a platform anyway! <mike

#65 oberon!aloha.usc.edu!jenine (Jenine Abarbanel)
    Pledge me!  [more good stuff, but she said keep it quiet - kpd]

#66 From: runyan@hcupt1.hp.com (Scuz Monger)
    [ Merchant Power Behind the Presidency Nominee ]

    Just what is this KENT thing and how do you vote for it anyway?
    Like any good merchant, I'd like to do my part for the party in
    power, as long as I get to control them afterwards...

    [later:] "Hey, Kent, I'll vote for you!"

#67 From: rekill@bgsuvax.UUCP (Squid Killer)
    [Squid Killer General Nominee - why not?]
    [after prolonged list of conditions, since successfully negotiated:]
    You can have my vote! (There, I said it.)

#68 From: Dale Ross Maurice <xanth!maurice>
	Ok you win.  I'll vote for ya.
		Dale (nobody)

#69 From: splunge@athena.mit.edu (Paula Lynne Cuccurullo) (The lovely Nigel)

    Nigel from Hell (a nice place to punt but $13,400 a year?)
    Kent for President, but only...1. If I can be vote #69
    [Almost anything for a pledge - you got lots of help from your friends,
     Paula!  kpd]

#70 From: Mark Giaquinto CIRT <mgiaqui@geinah.unm.edu>
    [Secretary of Space Navy Nominee]
    $ Vote For Kent -- Support the Birthright Party - Space Bound President $

#71 From:  ( Crash Dominus )  puswad@pawl.rpi.EDU

    I'm with you.  Dum spiro, ad astras.  I'll follow you to the ends of
    the Earth, and of course as far past them as you go.  If you need Moon
    colonists, call me right away.  I can be packed in ten minutes.

#72 From: jmichael@cod.nosc.mil (James A. Michael)
    [Secretary of the Exterior Nominee]

    [...] I definitely want to be counted among the Birthright Party
    (ir)regulars. [...] I want to be on the ground floor of this
    mushrooming, grass-roots bandwagon.

#73 From: ut-sally!kvue!spangler
    Lance Spangler, Senior Producer, KVUE Television, Austin, Texas
    [Does this give anyone beside me ideas?  kpd]

    I'd have to give you my vote too, based just on what I've read on
    comp.misc this evening.  And after reading every newswire in the
    building for the last 18 months, and passing along much of what each
    candidate has had to say, you certainly seem to have your feet on the
    ground, or should that be in space?

#74 From: sun!zehntel!edw (Ed Wright)
    ONE VOTE ATTACHED

#75 From: oracle@spock.UUCP (Ingrid E. M. de Beus)
    fascist boot ruining your whole day.
    Kent, you have my vote and my pledge.  Bring the campaign to some
    FIAWOLs!  This could really take off! <massive groan>
    [FIAWOLS??? kpd; Later - Fandom Is A Way Of Life!  Oh.  kpd]

#76 From: <Michael.Browne@K.GP.CS.CMU.EDU>
    [Bizarre People's Freedom Council Director Nominee]
    --Colonel Mike of the Bizarre Liberation Front (ret.)
    P.S. - Count this as a pledge, subject to review.

#77 From: gwp@SSD.HARRIS.COM (Gil Pilz)
    (Delbert de la Platz @ The Ringo Starr Free Church)

    On the other hand, as much as I love Mamma Gea, I think it's about we
    grew up and tried living on our own.  Therefore it gives me great
    pleasure to pledge the Birthright Party [his whole congregation - kpd]

#78 rutgers!moss!pciuxa!tgr  (Thomas Gillespie,952-1178)
    Count me in -- [slams other candidates - kpd], I'm all for getting
    off this planet while there's still time.

#79 From: Chris Alfs <alfie@deepthot.UWO.CDN>
    [Secretary of State Nominee]

    Well Mr. Future-president. I would be honoured to accept this
    position. Is there anything that you require? How can I be of
    service?
    [Now _that's_ how you work patronage!  kpd]

#80 From: wheless@xanth.cs.odu.edu (Greg Wheless - "Wheels")

	You got my vote, oh great Swami...

#81 From: Richard Lee <rlee@ads.com>

    PS I have really appreciated and enjoyed your Presidential
    campaign.  Humans to the stars is certainly a goal worth putting
    before people often.  It's a shame that the campaign seems to have
    worn out its welcome with some readers.

    PPS  Yes, that's a pledge.

#82 From: C482529%umcvmb.bitnet@forsythe.stanford.edu (or something like that)
    [He said; I'm trying: mcnc!rutgers!psuvax1!umcvmb.bitnet!C482529, cause
    that's about how it got to me.  kpd]
    [Ambassador to Self-Aware AIs Nominee]

    Kent, you've definitely got my vote for Prez.
    P.S. Is there a position for ambassador to artificial intelligences?
    [Thanks!  There is now!  kpd]

#83 mcnc!relay.cs.net!gmr.com!GODDEN (Kurt Godden)
    [minister of LISP Nominee]

    I missed the original call for votes.  Can you send it to me?
    Even if you don't, I'll vote for you if I can be Minister of LISP.
    [Done!  kpd]

#84 From: grgurich@gumby.cs.wisc.edu (Matthew Grgurich)

    P.S., HEY Kent! my forgery made your list but *I* didn't!
    [Swell, now who do I take off?  kpd]

Kent, the man from xanth.

Originator and "candidate" of the Birthright Party.  "The Birthright
of Humankind is the Stars!"  Join us in talk.bizarre and help us plan
the politics of a revitalized man into space program, and the ways of
using the global electronic village networks to accomplish it.  If you
care, then your input is needed.  Platform plank authors urgently
needed.

[By the way, we have a young lady sincerely interested in becoming the
 VP nominee, who is not a minority as I earlier specified; since none
 of the latter have applied, does anyone object, or have an alternate
 to offer?]