[talk.bizarre] Assembly language 'star' program

In article <3132@crash.cts.com> steelie@pro-charlotte.cts.com (Jim Howard) writes:
>I while back (almost a year I believe) I downloaded a program written
>in assembly that displays a 3-d starfield on the screen. It was
>written by Andrew Tuline, and was quite good, mainly because it was
>one of the few programs I had found that actually included some assembly
>source code. But in the docs, it says a newer version is on the works,
>and I was wondering if anyone has seen this version, or if it even
>exists..

Well, there's bad news on this front.

Trailing Edge Technologies had a programmer assigned to the task of completing
a more thourough implentation of a stellar simulation.

Work was progressing well; several types of stars were modelled, including
a nebula.

We then got a piece of Email, and I guote:

".. and  just got, yes, it looks like the black hole simulation work.
                                                                      .
                                                                       .
                                                                       .
                                                                       ."

And that was it. He is gone. His desk is gone, my stapler that i lent him
is gone, everything.

So don't look for a new release of ``stars'' soon.

--
                              "Shrimp Ahoy"
richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                               {backbone}!gryphon!richard