[talk.bizarre] Will comp.society.women vanish into the Bit Bucket?

sethg@athena.mit.edu (Seth Gordon) (06/20/88)

jay@splut.UUCP (Jay Maynard) in <537@splut.UUCP>:
>The newgroup for comp.society.women arrived here today. I still think it
>should be moved somewhere more appropriate, but won't rmgroup it...yet.

O, no, I beseech Thee!  Most honorable and revered Maynard of the Back
Bone, leave our poor humble newsgroup in peace!  What, O Great One, can
the net.womyn and net.alan-aldas do to propitiate Thee?

How many MIPS must we put at your disposal, that you may forgive our
grievous violation of the Net Name Hierarchy (for, as it is truly
written: Comp is Comp and Soc is Soc, and never the twain shall meet,
lest base anarchy fall upon the Net)?

O Spaf the Important; O Weemba the Obnoxious; intercede on behalf of us,
your humble users.  O you Members of the Back Bone, masters (and, per
chance, mistresses?) of the Sacred Arcana of the Net, mitigate your
wrath, and grant us poor deviates one humble misplaced newsgroup.  Woe,
woe, woe!

-----

But seriously, folks... can the nitnews admins down here set their
systems to *ignore* rmgroup messages, or at least not make the removal
automatic?

--
-- "Where are we going?"  "Nowhere."  "So what's the rush?" --_The Lost Boys_
-- sethg%athena.mit.edu@bloom-beacon.UUCP / POB 53, MIT Branch, Camb., MA 02139

wisner@killer.UUCP (Bill Wisner) (06/20/88)

>But seriously, folks... can the nitnews admins down here set their
>systems to *ignore* rmgroup messages, or at least not make the removal
>automatic?

98% of news administrators do.
--
Bill Wisner
..!{ames,decwrl,mit-eddie,osu-cis,rutgers}!killer!wisner

weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (06/20/88)

In article <5833@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU>, sethg@athena (Seth Gordon) writes:
>jay@splut.UUCP (Jay Maynard) in <537@splut.UUCP>:
>>The newgroup for comp.society.women arrived here today. I still think it
>>should be moved somewhere more appropriate, but won't rmgroup it...yet.

>O Spaf the Important; O Weemba the Obnoxious; intercede on behalf of us,

From now on I'm calling him "Jay you ignorant splut".

Sorry, I couldn't resist....

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720