[talk.bizarre] "1988 REC.HUMOR.FUNNY Computer Network Humour Annual" Jokebook Announcement

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (11/25/88)

In article <2369@looking.UUCP> jokebook@looking.UUCP writes:
>Announcing the:
>

>			          1988
>
>			     REC.HUMOR.FUNNY
>
>			 Computer Network Humour
>			         Annual
>

>People ask me, "Why go to all the work of editing all those jokes for
>typesetting if everybody's already read them?"  Of course, they only
>asked me this *after* I'd done all the work.  I did this last year as
>Christmas gifts for family and friends. (Somehow I don't think they meant
>books when they said, "The best Christmas gifts are the ones you make
>yourself.")  Everybody really liked it, so this year I'm making them
>available to net people too, for real cheap.
>
>I think many people might want this book as a Christmas gift for their
>own friends, or perhaps their enemies.  (If you give it to your mother,
>I advise you rip out the ROT13 section.)  In light of this I am writing
>introductory sections that explain USENET and the newsgroup to outsiders.

Note that the applicability of this as a Chanukah gift has yet to be
determined.

--
             Never confuse fruit flies with french frys.
richard@gryphon.COM    gryphon!richard    gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov