[talk.bizarre] Software "Contracts"

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (01/09/89)

In article <254300027@trsvax> johnm@trsvax.UUCP writes:

>>>I hate to break this to all of you "geniuses" but some of us who could have
>>>credit cards choose not to.  An astonishing concept really, and yet, it does
>>>happen.  I have none and I don't really want any.
>>>
>>>John Munsch
>>
>>Hmmm. A man walks up to you and tells you "I'll let you use my money instead
>>of yours for approximately a month FOR FREE. You can keep your money in
>>your bank drawing interest that goes to you. But if you don't pay me back in
>>a timely fashion, you'll owe me a little extra back for your tardyness."
>>

>>				Dave
>
>You are a real champ pal...  If richard@gryphon owed me a favor right now I
>would probably use it JUST so you could be properly flamed for this ASININE
>posting, unfortunately I'll just have to do it myself.

I'll save you the trouble. After much research with credit cards,
I have come to discover what Hunter Thompson refers to as ``a certain
dark aspect to that arrangement''.

FOR FREE indeed.

===================== Commercial announcement =================================

Concerning this recent trend in .amiga bantering my good name about. I've
decided to capitalize on it.

Trailing Edge Technologies is pleased to announce the following
TETflame programme:

1) For a negotiated price (no quatloos accepted) one of our flaming
   representatives will flame the living shit out of the poster of
   your choice. The price is inversly proportional to how much of
   an asshole the target it. We cannot be convinced to flame Dennis
   Ritchie. Matt Crawford flames are free.

2) For a negotiated price (same arrangement) the TETflame programme
   is offering ``flame insurence''. Under this arrangement, if
   one of our policy holders is flamed, we will cancel the offending
   article and flame the flamer, to a crisp.

3) The TETflame flaming representatives include: Richard Sexton, Oleg
   Kisalev, Diane Holt, Trish O'Tauma, Dave Hill, Greg Nowak and our most
   recent aquisition, Keith Doyle. But all he will do is put you in his
   kill file. Weemba by special arrangement.

Inquire within.

--
                              Hotel USENET
richard@gryphon.COM   {...}!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov