[talk.bizarre] USSR International Computer Club

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (01/23/89)

In article <2157@van-bc.UUCP> sl@van-bc.UUCP (pri=-10 Stuart Lynne) writes:
>In article <829@afit-ab.arpa> wbralick@blackbird.afit.af.mil (William A. Bralick) writes:
>>In article <40f75b60.7229@apollo.COM> smv@apollo.COM (Steve Valentine) writes:
>>>In article <825@afit-ab.arpa> wbralick@blackbird.afit.af.mil (William A. Bralick) writes:
>
>.. A mild flame war deleted ..

>>Now, this is interesting.  You have purposely misquoted my .signature.
>>Whereas the previous insult was merely childish, this is slanderous.
>>You dishonor yourself with this sort of lie.
>>
>>>--
>>>Steve Valentine - smv@apollo.com
>>>Apollo Computer, Inc.  330 Billerica Rd., Chelmsford, MA 01824
>>>Hermits have no peer pressure -Steven Wright
>>

>Just what does net.etiquette say about this?

It's a BAD THING alright.

>I've always thought in poor taste to include the previous signature *at all*
>in a followup news article.

Yes, thats a VERY BAD THING indeed.

>I would assume that modifying it is even more distasteful. Perhaps we should
>get some direction from the net.deities on what the proper etiquette is or
>should be.

Proper nettiquette dictates that an F-14 Tomcat be flown into the
offerders computer, for modifying somebodys signature file is
an EXTREMELEY BAD THING.

--
   ``We're here from the government, and we're here to fuck you senseless''
richard@gryphon.COM   {...}!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov