[talk.bizarre] X-rated GIF files

bryden@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Christopher F. Bryden) (05/19/89)

In article barry@eos.UUCP (Kenn Barry) writes:
}In article jwi@lzfme.att.com (Jim Winer @ AT&T, Middletown, NJ) writes:
}>In article bdiscoe@tybalt.caltech.edu (Ben W. Discoe) writes:
}>The objection is not to pornography, it's to posting this on
}>comp.graphics. If you want pornography, post to talk.bizzare.

Um, I think that the people in talk.bizzare just got insulted.
But, that's alright they're used to it.

}	First off, talk.bizarre has nothing to do with porn. You want
}porn, go to alt.sex. Second, the original posting was a simple request

Um, I think the people who post to alt.sex just got insulted.  Actually,
they were probably amazed at Jim (*cough*) Winer's ability to insult his
own intelligence.  Definitions of what is pornographic vary ; apparently
the world's definitions revolve around Jim.

OK, call for a new news group comp.graphics.questionable.requests

}for information, "where can I find X-rated GIFs on the wire?" That's
}neither more nor less appropriate to this newsgroup than "where can I
}find Star Trek pics to download". What's inappropriate here are moral
}pronouncements; there are other newsgroups for that.

Oh, say like, misc.wanted?  The star trek request would have meet less
resistance... infact, people might have been obliged to respond to that
request.  Some people feel that, in a very stylized way, star trek is
pornographic.  ...ying yang black is white and white is back... let's
strike a deal : I won't shove my moral definitions down your throat and
in return, you won't shove your moral definitions down mine.

}>> pornography offends you, THIS newsgroup isn't the place to discuss it!
}	There are also other newsgroup for cheap shots.

Oh, you mean like alt.flame!  Don't get the idea that this is a cheap shot
just because I'm posting this there.  This converstion really has no relivance
to comp.graphics, and one of the best ways to get an unwanted topic out of
a news group is to cross post.

Chris
--
arpa  : bryden@vax1.acs.udel.edu |        In the land of the blind,
bitnet: akr05167 at ACSVM        |        the one eyed man is king.

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (05/19/89)

In article <1351@lzfme.att.com> jwi@lzfme.att.com (Jim Winer @ AT&T, Middletown, NJ) writes:

>> >Seconded.
>
>> What is this, a convention of puritans?  The inquisition?  There are two sides
>> to pornography, and if it happens to offend you, nobody says you have to see
>> it!  I'm quite shocked to see a system as <usually> open-minded as the net
>> cluttered with COMPLETELY useless and inappropriate insults.
>
>The objection is not to pornography, it's to posting this on
>comp.graphics. If you want pornography, post to talk.bizzare.
>
>***** Please note ***** This is not cross posted to
>talk.bizarre. They (the bizzarites) tend to cross post a lot and we
>don't need it.

I understand there are some pictures of Jim Winer doing some very
curious things with common household appliances that could best be
described as ``X-rated'' on the ftp host at Old Dominion University
in Norfolk.

--
                    ``So little time, so many watches''
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

markk@sigma.UUCP (Mark Kimmerly) (05/20/89)

In article <15929@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>In article <1351@lzfme.att.com> (Jim Winer @ AT&T, Middletown, NJ) writes:
>>
>>The objection is not to pornography, it's to posting this on
>>comp.graphics. If you want pornography, post to talk.bizzare.
>>
>>***** Please note ***** This is not cross posted to
>>talk.bizarre. They (the bizzarites) tend to cross post a lot and we
>>don't need it.
>
>I understand there are some pictures of Jim Winer doing some very
>curious things with common household appliances that could best be
>described as ``X-rated'' on the ftp host at Old Dominion University
>in Norfolk.

Really?  Are there any involving kitchen
utensils?  How about plumbing tools?  I
would be very interested in them if they
involved plumbing tools.  Especially pipe
wrenches.

I was told that if you want plumbing tools,
you should post to comp.graphics.

I was also told that they (the graphites)
tend to pass their spare time jamming toilets
with paper towels so they'll overflow.
--
Markk
(professional smart-ass)

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (05/21/89)

In article <15929@gryphon.COM>, richard@gryphon (Richard Sexton) writes:
>I understand there are some pictures of Jim Winer doing some very
>curious things with common household appliances that could best be
>described as ``X-rated'' on the ftp host at Old Dominion University
>in Norfolk.

While most people probably already disregard many of Richard's
postings as folly, I want to point out that there are, to the best of
my knowledge, no ``X-rated'' (whatever that is) pictures available via
anonymous ftp from any Computer Science machine at ODU.  I don't think
there are even any GIF files available unless they appeared in one of
the sources groups archived here.

	...tad