[talk.bizarre] Signature files

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (08/24/89)

In article <14560@bfmny0.UUCP> tneff@bfmny0.UUCP (Tom Neff) writes:
>I really don't think we should post horrendous flames in this group.

Me either. They should be posted here and CROSSPOSTED (if you can get
someone to tell you how to do it) to alt.flame.

>It's not quite what we want to show neophytes eh?

You show me your neophyte, I'll show you mine.

>This is a school.  Let's treat it like a good one.

What school is that > The Tom Neff humorless scholl for dipwads ?

>On the subject matter, two or three lines is fine, as is a little
>quote.  Flagrant space wasting is what rankles.

Rankles ? Rankles ? What IS rankles ?

Why am I being taken to task for this ?

Why, just yesterday I recall:

In article <549@buster.UUCP> rli@buster.UUCP (Buster Irby) writes:

>     Let the flames begin.

So I obliged.

Now. Either Buster was serious, and he wanted a flame, in which case
I gave it to him, and all is well, or Buster was being sarcastic
and meant this to be ``humour'' (it's so hard to tell without those
phallic smiley things) in which case I replied in an equally humerous
tone; replying in the same vein the request was made. Is it my fault
some peoples parody detecters are out of commission ?

I also got some mail from some guy at BBN.COM (... and how DOES one
get mail to BBN.COM) suggesting that crossposting an article
from news.newusers.questions to alt.flame was ``really fucking stupid'',
and then at the bottom were the letters: ``/r$''. Is that some sort
of abbreviation for ``really fucking stupid'' ?
--
                       You're welcome, Bill.
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

In article <2892@dell.dell.com> mikeh@dell.UUCP (Mike Hammel, ) writes:
>In article <30759@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> wisner@mica.Berkeley.EDU (Bill Wisner) writes:
>>
>>Another one for the new users: UUNET is a service; it is NOT a UUCP router for
>>the known universe. Use UUNET to send mail to UUNET customers. Do not use UUNET
>>to send mail to some random site in Outer Boondocks, Nebraska, because you're
>>too lazy to figure out how to get the mail there yourself. Such behavior is
>>frowned upon.
>
>Boy, you're being a bit harsh, aren't you?

Knock it off whitey. Just because Bill and I are Black doesn't mean we
are going to stand for shit like this from some asshole Texan.

Kind of a redundent phrase, no ?

--
   Nsukka Misaje Akure Jos Plateau Port Harcourt Emyok Makurdi Lafia P82
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV