[talk.bizarre] Obfuscated C

In article <772@ecrcvax.UUCP> diomidis@ecrcvax.UUCP (Diomidis Spinellis) writes:
>In article <37@uwm.edu> jgd@csd4.csd.uwm.edu writes:
><Enough about obfuscated SWAPs...
><
><    Where are the Obfuscated C Contest results?
>In article <8354@hoptoad.uucp> chongo@hoptoad.uucp (Landon C. Noll) writes:
><                                         216193
><                               391581 * 2      -1
><                                    is prime
>[65087 digits and some comments ommited]
><this result.  I will post the winning entries soon.  Sorry for the
><delay.

You have got to be kidding.

He preempted the Obfuscated C Code Contest results to make
the most infamously wasteful posting in anyone's memory.
It's kind of like finding out that the Japanese pilots at
Pearl Harbor were spitting out of thieir cowlings, as well...

				--Blair
				  "Then again, I'm going to go
				   dig up that prime number and run
				   it through 'cc -E -D1989 | indent'..."