[talk.bizarre] Important announcement

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (10/29/89)

Chuq von Rospach's recent tyrade containing many inaccuracies and
a dew outright lies has been delt with ina forum fitting of the demeaner
of his post: alt.flame.

It has become quite clear that Chuq does not has the objectivity, tact
or patience to be a newgroup Czar. I therefore declare with all
the pompousity such a position requires, that Chuq has been removed
as a newsgroup Czar, effective immediately.

Since this leaves an important gap in the fabric of USENET, I am declaring
myself newsgroup and naming Czar.

If you have the results of a newsgroup vote, send them to me and I'll
audit them and send out the newgroup.

If you have any questions, send them to me.

I realize this position requires certain things I do not posess. Fear not.
I am running right out and buying a cockatoo.

--
``Mathematics is a fiction created by man to rationalize the universe. It
          is not a science''  - Thomas Silverton, 1799.

toto@tank.uchicago.edu (Sandra Jessica Smyth) (10/30/89)

:
:It has become quite clear that Chuq does not has the objectivity, tact
:or patience to be a newgroup Czar. I therefore declare with all
:the pompousity such a position requires, that Chuq has been removed
:as a newsgroup Czar, effective immediately.
:
:Since this leaves an important gap in the fabric of USENET, I am declaring
:myself newsgroup and naming Czar.
:
:If you have the results of a newsgroup vote, send them to me and I'll
:audit them and send out the newgroup.
:
:If you have any questions, send them to me.
:
:I realize this position requires certain things I do not posess. Fear not.
:I am running right out and buying a cockatoo.
:
:
:--
:``Mathematics is a fiction created by man to rationalize the universe. It
:          is not a science''  - Thomas Silverton, 1799.
:richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

This, boys and girls, is an example of a forged posting. As offensive as
Richard has been recently, he would not do something as dumb as this.
However, everyone who thought it was real on first reading is to be
excused.

Now, is it obvious why we don't need discussions of how postings can
be forged?

--
Sandra Jessica Smyth                    Believer in lost causes
toto@tank.uchicago.edu

romkey@asylum.SF.CA.US (John Romkey) (10/31/89)

In article <6037@tank.uchicago.edu> toto@tank.uchicago.edu (Sandra Jessica Smyth) writes:
>Now, is it obvious why we don't need discussions of how postings can
>be forged?

"Security through obscurity" is no security at all. At best, it
prevents people from learning a problem exists to be fixed.
--
			- john romkey
USENET/UUCP: romkey@asylum.sf.ca.us	Internet: romkey@ftp.com

greg@gryphon.COM (Greg Laskin) (10/31/89)

In article <6037@tank.uchicago.edu> toto@tank.uchicago.edu (Sandra Jessica Smyth) writes:
>In article <21593@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>:Chuq von Rospach's recent tyrade containing many inaccuracies and
>:a dew outright lies has been delt with ina forum fitting of the demeaner
>:of his post: alt.flame.
>
>This, boys and girls, is an example of a forged posting. As offensive as
>Richard has been recently, he would not do something as dumb as this.

Yes he would.  And he did.

>However, everyone who thought it was real on first reading is to be
>excused.

Because it was.

>Now, is it obvious why we don't need discussions of how postings can
>be forged?

No it isn't.

--
Greg Laskin  greg@gryphon.COM    <routing site>!gryphon!greg
	     gryphon!greg@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (11/01/89)

In article <6037@tank.uchicago.edu> toto@tank.uchicago.edu (Sandra Jessica Smyth) writes:
>In article <21593@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>:
>:Since this leaves an important gap in the fabric of USENET, I am declaring
>:myself newsgroup and naming Czar.
>:
>
>This, boys and girls, is an example of a forged posting. As offensive as
>Richard has been recently, he would not do something as dumb as this.
>However, everyone who thought it was real on first reading is to be
>excused.

This boys and girls, was real. And a a newgroup Tsar, I resent your
attitutde. We newsgroups Tsars work pretty hard on this stuff placing
the net before Family, jobs and cockatoos, and it saddens me to read
such utter nonsense.

--
You don't want to send mail to Richard. He's dead.

dveditz@dbase.UUCP (Dan Veditz) (11/02/89)

In article <21698@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>In article <6037@tank.uchicago.edu> toto@tank.uchicago.edu (Sandra Jessica Smyth) writes:
>>In article <21593@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>>:
>>:Since this leaves an important gap in the fabric of USENET, I am declaring
>>:myself newsgroup and naming Czar.
>>:
>>This, boys and girls, is an example of a forged posting. As offensive as
>>Richard has been recently, he would not do something as dumb as this.
>
>This boys and girls, was real. And a a newgroup Tsar, I resent your
>attitutde.

Ah, but how do we know *this* article wasn't forged?  In fact, the
Tsar/Czar spelling difference is incontrovertible proof that there
are two Richard Sextons loose on this net.  Maybe we should ask the
second one to campaign AGAINST sci.aquaria just to add some excitement
to this rather bland {sci | rec}.aquari* discussion.

-Dan Veditz
uunet!ashtate!dveditz