[talk.bizarre] There Goes the Neighborhood

gcf@panix.UUCP (Gordon Fitch) (12/03/89)

The latest Whole Earth Review has a big article in the
back about Usenet.  "A world-wide free computer network,"
etc.

Like I say....

--

*   Gordon Fitch || gcf@panix | uunet!hombre!mydog!gcf   *

jef@well.UUCP (Jef Poskanzer) (12/03/89)

In the referenced message, gcf@panix.UUCP (Gordon Fitch) wrote:
}The latest Whole Earth Review has a big article in the
}back about Usenet.  "A world-wide free computer network,"
}etc.

Oh no!  Now we'll be flooded by an endless stream of intelligent,
interesting people!  The End Of The Net As We Know It!
---
Jef

  Jef Poskanzer  jef@well.sf.ca.us  {ucbvax, apple, hplabs}!well!jef
   "I just love it that everyone is so rude here.  It gives you the
 complete freedom to be rude back.  If you don't like someone, you can
            just scream at them." -- Joanne Whalley-Kilmer

benfeen@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Ben Feen) (12/04/89)

In article <14796@well.UUCP> Jef Poskanzer <jef@well.sf.ca.us> writes:
>In the referenced message, gcf@panix.UUCP (Gordon Fitch) wrote:
>}The latest Whole Earth Review has a big article in the
>}back about Usenet.  "A world-wide free computer network,"
>}etc.
>
>Oh no!  Now we'll be flooded by an endless stream of intelligent,
>interesting people!  The End Of The Net As We Know It!
Don't worry!  Never happened, never will ;-)

--
|Opus and Frodo live! | "Sometimes, when your cat just died and you've cut
off your favorite appendage(s) with a power saw and there's epoxy in the
Visine and you brush your teeth with Clearasil it helps to say 'What the
f*ck'" |  This signature consists of non-blanks separated by blanks.

cgf@ednor.bbc.com (Chris Faylor) (12/08/89)

In article <14796@well.UUCP> Jef Poskanzer <jef@well.sf.ca.us> writes:
>In the referenced message, gcf@panix.UUCP (Gordon Fitch) wrote:
>}The latest Whole Earth Review has a big article in the
>}back about Usenet.  "A world-wide free computer network,"
>}etc.
>
>Oh no!  Now we'll be flooded by an endless stream of intelligent,
>interesting people!  The End Of The Net As We Know It!
>---
>Jef
>
>  Jef Poskanzer  jef@well.sf.ca.us  {ucbvax, apple, hplabs}!well!jef
>   "I just love it that everyone is so rude here.  It gives you the
> complete freedom to be rude back.  If you don't like someone, you can
>            just scream at them." -- Joanne Whalley-Kilmer

I knew it!  I just knew it!  This is the end!  The sky is falling!
--
			 Chris Faylor
		      cgf@ednor.bbc.com

rdaulton@emdeng.Dayton.NCR.COM (Richard.H.Dick.Daulton) (12/09/89)

I know, I know ...

Let's see if we can create a worldwide computer-free network !!!

--

* dick.daulton@dayton.ncr.com
* The past was the future, today is here to stay. *