[talk.bizarre] Telepathic data transmission protocol

ianf@nada.kth.se (Ian Feldman) (12/15/89)

In a private and quite probably definitely non-redistributable message
to the undersigned, <xy@z.domain> (Name Witheld To Protect The Innocent)
writes re: the state of the telepax transmission protocol project:

>      Well you see, brilliant breakthrough though it was, it really
> didn't help US a lot; we're in R&D you see - and marketing use it to
> communicate specifications to us (and still continue to do so).  The
> trouble is that it isn't immediately error-checked - and indeed the
> receiver doesn't even get a conclusive carrier-detect.  Thus, a typical
> transaction log goes something like this........
>
> % pathnet software-group
> Connected to software-group
> Thinking......
> software-group> "I think what marketing probably want is xyz"
> software-group> Implementing xyz. Will take 3 months.
> software-group> send xyz to marketing
> marketing> packet error!. did not request xyz! retry!

  Well, clearly one can see there's them brains at work here... watch
  this space for forthcoming progress reports from the field.

--Ian Feldman /  ianf@nada.kth.se  ||  uunet!nada.kth.se!ianf
             / "Bytes, bytes, bytes, bytes..." Shakespeare recompiled