[talk.bizarre] Klingons ahead

ag@amix.commodore.com (Keith Gabryelski) (01/05/90)

In article <8424@stiatl.UUCP> meo@stiatl.UUCP (Miles O'Neal) writes:
>Talk.bizarre was NOT included. This, weighed in with the fact that
>ras goes to far more sites, and has a much higher volume, multiplied
>by a higher cost per reader, not to mention its detrimental effect on
>our youth, leads me to conclude that to avoid the imminent death of
>the net, we need to delete ras from the heirarchy. If this doesn't
>make it, I implore all sysadmins to stop feeding it downstream.

As per a vote held 2 weeks ago, Chuq sent out a control message for an
lngroup for talk.bizarre and rec.arts.startrek (message id:
<1416@zamboni.apple.com>) since in the past year or so it has become
evident that these two are the exact same group (or atleast the same
people post in these two groups and most posting are crostposted).

As is the case with lngroups.  talk.bizarre and rec.art.startrek
should now share the same spool directory and one (talk.bizarre as the
vote determined) will be removed in about two more weeks once the net
is reasonably sure that the lngroup was propagated to all sites and
appropriate messures have been taken to handle the talk.bizarre
rmgroup.

Pax, Keith
--
ag@amix.commodore.com        Keith Gabryelski          ...!cbmvax!amix!ag